- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Grey Burgundy Tweed Coat Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Hermes Limited Edition Silk Parka Print Bouclerie ModerneBy HermèsLocated in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned new Hermès parka / coat is beautifully crafted in the "Bouclerie Moderne" print. This print is a new version of the "Bouclerie d'Attelage" from the 70's. Collection:...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Coats and Outerwear$2,645 Sale Price34% Off
- Givenchy Double-Breasted Black and White Prince of Wales Wool CoatBy GivenchyLocated in Geneva, CHThis beautiful pre-owned but New coat from Givenchy is crafted in a superb classic Prince of Wales checked pattern wool. It features black wool-blend panels at the back and a matchin...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Coats and Outerwear$2,452 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Seoul Resort 2016 Lace TopBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHDelicate lace top from the Resort 2016 Collection held in Seoul. This pre-owned in excellent condition Chanel top is crafted from a delicate black lace in the back, with tiny colored...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Blouses and Tops
- Chanel Black and White Geometric Design Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHNew pre-owned jacket from the house of Chanel crafted in a black and white geometric pattern cotton tweed. It features dramatic design CC logo embossed silver tone half hidden hook b...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Chanel Black and White Tweed Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHIn perfect condition, this pre-owned Chanel suit is crafted in a beautiful black and white wool mix tartan pattern tweed. The jacket is double breasted finished with 10 green CC but...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Coco Cocoon Black Quilted Canvas Bowling BagBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned but perfect tote bag from the house of Chanel is part of the Coco Cocoon collection. It is crafted of padded soft quilted nylon canvas and announced reversible ! It fe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Tote Bags$1,817 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Black/Gold JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA jacket straight off the Runway as this is a rare and coveted find! This jacket is simply immaculate! Not only is this beautifully embellished, printed, and embroidered, but has a g...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel 2002 Black Silk Boucle CoatBy ChanelLocated in Oakland, CAThis Chanel coat in 100% silk has quilted lapels and a metal CC logo on one sleeve. The coat is tagged a size 38. Made in France. Measurements: Shoulders: 14.75" Chest: 17.5" Wai...Category
Early 2000s French Coats
- Chanel Grey Wool Cape CoatBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRChanel grey wool coat featuring a chevron pattern, a false cape, double-breasted front fastening, a black leather suede top part collar, logo buttons, a silk iconic lining. Estimated...Category
1990s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Vintage Black Leather Swing Coat (FR44)By ChanelLocated in Montreal, QuebecCOLOR: Black MATERIAL: Leather SIZE: FR44 large MEASURES Bust: 44” Waist: 44” Shoulder: 24" Length: 27” Sleeve: 19” CONDITION: Good - very good vintage condition. Faint hairline s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Swing Coats
- Fall 1996 Chanel Brown Wool Coat DressBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioChanel Fall 1996 brown wool crepe coat dress featuring a multiple gold hook detail at the front. The coat features a petite notched collar and seams down the front with inseam pocke...Category
1990s French Car Coats
- Fall 1998 Chanel Brown Wool Double Breasted BlazeBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioChanel brown wool short double breasted blazer from the fall 1998 collection. Long sleeve, notched collar and brass CC logo buttons. Centre and side seams with subtle tonal top stitc...Category
1990s French Coats