- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Black and White Geometric Design Tweed Jacket
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Fall 1996 Rare Light Blue Wool Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHBeautiful iconic tweed jacket from the house of Chanel. Crafted in a light blue wool tweed, this single breasted jacket is a classic ! Lining in silk with the gold finish signature c...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Pink Print Blouse and Raspberry Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned ensemble from the Fall 2014 Ready to Wear collection from Chanel was originally seen on the runway with a matching skirt. Here we have the jacket in a beautiful dark p...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Christian Dior FW 2019 Black and Green Mohair JacketBy Christian DiorLocated in Geneva, CHThis pre-owned mohair fringed jacket is part of the Fall-Winter Ready to Wear 2019 Christian Dior Collection. Collection: Fall-Winter Ready to Wear 2019 Fabric: 60% mohair, 34% poly...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets$1,418 Sale Price20% Off
- Balmain Black and Lurex JacketBy BalmainLocated in Geneva, CHThis black jacket is now a classic from the house of Balmain. It is slightly fitted for and single breasted with a beautiful metal button / lion's head as a closure. Smaller matchin...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Balmain Black Double-Breasted Cotton Blazer JacketBy BalmainLocated in Geneva, CHThis double-breasted blazer from the house of Balmain is a classic and iconic piece. It features shawl collar, front flap pockets, double-breasted button fastening (x2) and 4 buttons...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Slovak Blazers
- Louis Vuitton Runway Prince of Wales Tweed Jacket with Fringe TrimBy Louis VuittonLocated in Geneva, CHVery interesting jacket from the house of Louis Vuitton. Crafted in a single layer of a light weight wool with a Prince of Wales check pattern in a light cream tones on the outside a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- Chanel 2011 Fall/Winter Collection Black & White Boucle Knit Maxi GownBy ChanelLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAChanel gown 2011 Fall/Winter Apocalyptic Collection -- featured in a black and cream boucle knit design with an X-crossover strap across the back with a single black Strass crystal e...Category
2010s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns$2,640 Sale Price20% Off
- 1920s Lame Tiered Opera Cape with Fur CollarLocated in London, GBExtraordinary vintage 1920s tiered lame opera cape with rabbit fur collar and lined in panne silk velvet. The lame has an oriental themed multicoloured pattern with dominant hues of...Category
1920s British Capes
- Vintage 1956 Christian Dior Couture Blue Floral Silk Portrait Collar Full DressBy Christian DiorLocated in Beverly Hills, CAThe House of Dior has been an enduring icon of Haute-Couture. While the House of Dior is still a thriving business today, Dior's untimely death in 1957 left the fashion world without...Category
1950s French Aesthetic Day Dresses
- 1930's Vintage Jewel and Enamel Frame with New Pleated Silk BagLocated in New Hope, PAThis elegant jewel frame dates to the 1930's and it is set with a large lapis stone at the center surrounded by a white enamel frame and multi color faceted stones. The body of the b...Category
Late 20th Century American Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished SetBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis set is a stunner! Not only is this beautifully embellished but has a great stretch making it a super easy runway piece to fit into your wardrobe. This pants and long-sleeve top ...Category
2010s French Pants
- Black jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base. See-through on the back of the top. SIZE :MCategory
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Black officier's style jacket with double row of buttons ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack officier's style jacket with double row of branded buttons. Size 34 (XS)Category
2010s French Jackets
- Double-breasted navy blue cotton jacket Chanel BoutiqueBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRDouble-breasted navy blue cotton jacket.Top-stitched edge (Collar, pockets, sleeves edge) . Branded buttons. Shoulder pads. Silk branded lining. SIZE 42Category
Early 2000s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- CHANEL Black Jacket Blazer Cropped Collarless Metallic Open Front 38 Fall 2012By ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC RUNWAY FALL 2012 CHANEL BLACK CROPPED JACKET Design: - Chanel black cropped jacket. - Open front. - Crew neckline. - Four faux pockets at front. - Short sleeve...Category
- CHANEL Sweater Cardigan Jacket 2pc Floral Camellia Lace Button Long Sleeve XSBy ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHANEL 2PC BLACK CAMELLIA KNIT CARDIGAN The Chanel boutique customized the look for the client so the cardigan may be worn at hip or knee with snap attachments....Category
- CHANEL Jacket Blazer Coat Tweed Navy Blue Iridescent Gunmetal Buttons 10P Sz 38By ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHANEL SPRING 2010 COLLECTION NAVY BLUE IRIDESCENT FRINGE TRIM TWEED JACKET Design: - Classic navy blue iridescent tweed jacket from the Spring 2010 collection....Category
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery