- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
A RUNWAY PROTOTYPE of a CHANEL Jumbo denim bag 2007-2008A
- DimensionsHeight: 8.67 in. (22 cm)Width: 13.78 in. (35 cm)Depth: 3.94 in. (10 cm)
- StyleChanel (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationStuttgart, DE
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2045211261922
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$56.63 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-3 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Stuttgart, Germany
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Chanel (Manufacturer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEA totally unusual and unique Chanel bag made of black denim, adorned with many Chanel Icons and jewels from Chan...Category
Early 2000s Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 8.67 in. W 13.78 in. D 3.94 in.$9,664
- By Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEA beautiful black small Chanel bag made of black quilted calfskin. The front and back of the bag are made of shi...Category
Early 2000s Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 5.91 in. W 8.67 in. D 1.97 in.$10,895
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEA very original clutch made of black patent leather, lined inside with black leather and has a side pocket. COCO...Category
1990s ClutchesH 6.3 in. W 8.67 in. D 1.58 in.$4,863
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEThis classic black - white shoulder bag comes with 7 digits ID card Nr. 6884197, this is around 1995. The whole...Category
1990s Shoulder BagsH 5.91 in. W 2.37 in. D 2.37 in. L 9.85 in.$2,770
- By Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEVintage quilted shoulder bag with two handles. The pocket opening consists of a 25 cm long zip with a Chanel pen...Category
1980s Structured Shoulder BagsH 7.88 in. W 10.44 in. D 2.56 in.$4,001