Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck Oak Coffee Table, Model AT-15
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 18.5 in (46.99 cm)Width: 59.25 in (150.5 cm)Depth: 24.75 in (62.87 cm)
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1960s
- Seller Location:San Diego, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU6417236046582
Hans J. Wegner
Best known for his chairs and seating pieces — though a master of many furniture types like sofas and tables — Hans Wegner was a prolific designer whose elegant, often ebullient, forms and devotion to the finest methods in joinery made "Danish Modern" a popular byword for stylish, well-made furniture in the mid-20th century.
Wegner considered himself a carpenter first and a furniture designer second. Like his peers Arne Jacobsen and Finn Juhl, Wegner believed that striking aesthetics in furniture were based on a foundation of practicality: a chair must be comfortable and sturdy before it is chic.
In keeping with that tenet, several of Wegner’s best chair designs, seen in dealer listings below, have their roots in traditional seating forms. The Peacock chair (designed in 1947) is a throne-like adaptation of the Windsor chair; pieces from the China chair series (begun in 1944) as well as the 1949 Wishbone chair, with its distinctive Y-shaped back splat, are derived from 17th-century Ming seating pieces, as is the upholstered Ox chair (1960). Wegner’s comfy Papa Bear chair (1951) is an almost surreally re-scaled English wingback chair.
Wegner’s most representative piece, the Round chair (1949), gained a footnote in political history when it was used on the TV stage of the first Kennedy-Nixon debate of 1960. That chair, along with Wegner’s more bravura designs, for example the 1963 Shell chair, with its curved surfboard-shaped seat, bring a quietly sculptural presence to a room. Wegner was a designer who revered his primary material — wood — and it shows. His wood gathers patina and character with age; every Hans Wegner piece testifies to the life it has led.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: San Diego, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Hans J. Wegner for Johannes Hansen Model Jh-505 Cow Horn Chair in TeakBy Hans J. WegnerLocated in San Diego, CAModel JH 505. Designed 1952. Metal tags on each chair show authenticity. Extremely rare. These teak, rosewood, and cane Hans Wegner "Cow Horn" chairs manufactured by Joha...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Marble and Glass Coffee Table Model K1000 by Team Form for Ronald SchmittBy Team Form AGLocated in San Diego, CAThis is an incredible gravity-defying coffee table designed by Team Form for Ronald Schmitt in the 1970s. The base of this table is made from solid Carrera marble. The thick oval gla...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Stone, Travertine, Marble, Metal
- Hans Wegner Danish Modern Peacock Chair for Johannes HansenBy Hans J. Wegner, Johannes HansenLocated in San Diego, CAModeled after a traditional American Windsor chair, Hans Wegner’s Peacock chair strips the form to reveal its construction while retaining aesthetic, decorative impact. The chair rev...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- La Fonda coffee table by Alexander Girard for Herman MillerBy Herman Miller, Charles EamesLocated in San Diego, CALa Fonda coffee or large end table designed by Charles and Ray Eames and manufactured by Herman Miller. This series was designed for the La Fonda restaurant, designed by Alexander Gi...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner Papa Bear Chair & Ottoman for A.P. Stolen Denmark, 1950'sBy Hans J. Wegner, A.P. StolenLocated in San Diego, CAThe Papa Bear Chair & Ottoman is an absolutely stunning lounge chair by Hans Wegner for A.P. Stolen, Denmark, 1950's AP-19, with matching ottoman AP-29. A truly iconic chair newly up...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
Leather, Oak, Teak
- Eames Ctw Coffee Table in Beech for Herman Miller, circa 1950By Herman Miller, Charles and Ray EamesLocated in San Diego, CAThis 3rd Generation Eames CTW Coffee Table for Herman Miller was made in 1950. This table consists of a circular five-layer plywood top, sitting upon four matching legs of bent plywood to a near 90 degrees. CTW was the abbreviated name of the Coffee (C) Table (T) with a Wood (W) base and is an iconic Mid-Century Modern piece. We have restored but not refinished to keep the overall vintage look to the piece. This would be an amazing addition to any space and certainly a conversation starter. This piece has been refinished to perfection. Dimensions: 15.75”H x 34"W About the CTW: Released as part of the 1946 plywood group of furniture, CTW was the abbreviated name of the Coffee (C) Table (T) with a Wood (W) base. The Eames CTW Coffee Table consisted of a circular five-layer plywood top, sat upon four matching legs of bent ply to a near 90 degrees. The plywood group was the first to be released to the general market for adults by the Eames Office in 1946. The furniture was manufactured first by the Evans Molded Plywood Company and sold through distributor Herman Miller. Miller then bought and took over the range entirely from 1950. The group was the first of many from the Eames Office to consist of identical tops and different bases to create varying choices. This would famously be a theme for Eames design and seen to an even greater scale with the fiberglass range. The CTW had two matching all wood chairs in the group, the dining DCW and the lounge LCW as well as a sister rectangular table, the OTW. The Eames CTW Coffee Table and matching chairs were also replicated with metal legs and so named the CTM, DCM and LCM. The Eames CTW tables...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hans J. Wegner AT-15 Coffee Table for Andreas TuckBy Andreas Tuck, Hans J. WegnerLocated in Neuss, NWAT-15 coffee table by Hans J. Wegner for Andreas Tuck from the 1960s. High-quality frame made of teak and table top in teak veneer. Quality Features...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- 1960s Hans J Wegner Solid Oak Coffee Table 'AT-15' for Andreas Tuck, DenmarkBy Andreas Tuck, Hans J. WegnerLocated in Praha, CZ- Item has been carefully refurbished. - Stamped by producer.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner Coffee Table for Andreas TuckBy Andreas Tuck, Hans J. WegnerLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis beautiful Andreas Tuck coffee table features the wonderful design of Hans Wegner. Complete with trademark signet, and makers stamp this piece makes a great addition to home or b...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck Teak and Oak Coffee TableBy Hans J. Wegner, Andreas TuckLocated in Philadelphia, PABeautiful Teak and Oak Hans Wegner coffee table for Andreas Tuck,model AT-11. features teak top with raised lip and round tapered Oak legs. Classic danish modern design. marked on un...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Teak & Oak 'At-11' Coffee Table by Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck, 1950sBy Andreas Tuck, Hans J. WegnerLocated in Antwerpen, VANLovely coffee table designed by Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck in 1954. The top is made out of solid teak wood and stands and 4 oak tapering legs that spray at an angle. Great minimali...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner Coffee Table Model AT-11 for Andreas TuckBy Hans J. Wegner, Andreas Tuck MøbelfabrikLocated in Denver, COModel AT-11 teak coffee table by Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck with hand-carved raised lip edge. Signed. A handsome model in excellent vintage condition. Solid plank teak top on w...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
Design Icon Ilse Crawford on Her Colorful New Hans Wegner Chairs
If anyone is brave, humble and adept enough to recolor these mid-century masterpieces, it’s Ilse Crawford. Here, she gives us the details on her five earthy paint choices and tells us how she feels about design collaborations.
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery