Hans Wegner Midcentury Sewing Table AT33 for Andreas Tuck, Denmark
View Similar Items
Hans Wegner Midcentury Sewing Table AT33 for Andreas Tuck, Denmark
- Creator:Andreas Tuck (Manufacturer),Hans J. Wegner (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 23.63 in (60 cm)Width: 26.38 in (67 cm)Length: 23.63 in (60 cm)
- Style:Scandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:Cane,Teak
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1950
- Condition:Very good, one bobbin holder is broken (image 9).
- Seller Location:RHEEZERVEEN, NL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1906311181731
About the Designer
Hans J. Wegner
Best known for his chairs and seating pieces — though a master of many furniture types like sofas and tables — Hans Wegner was a prolific designer whose elegant, often ebullient, forms and devotion to the finest methods in joinery made "Danish Modern" a popular byword for stylish, well-made furniture in the mid-20th century.
Wegner considered himself a carpenter first and a furniture designer second. Like his peers Arne Jacobsen and Finn Juhl, Wegner believed that striking aesthetics in furniture were based on a foundation of practicality: a chair must be comfortable and sturdy before it is chic.
In keeping with that tenet, several of Wegner’s best chair designs, seen in dealer listings below, have their roots in traditional seating forms. The Peacock chair (designed in 1947) is a throne-like adaptation of the Windsor chair; pieces from the China chair series (begun in 1944) as well as the 1949 Wishbone chair, with its distinctive Y-shaped back splat, are derived from 17th-century Ming seating pieces, as is the upholstered Ox chair (1960). Wegner’s comfy Papa Bear chair (1951) is an almost surreally re-scaled English wingback chair.
Wegner’s most representative piece, the Round chair (1949), gained a footnote in political history when it was used on the TV stage of the first Kennedy-Nixon debate of 1960. That chair, along with Wegner’s more bravura designs, for example the 1963 Shell chair, with its curved surfboard-shaped seat, bring a quietly sculptural presence to a room. Wegner was a designer who revered his primary material — wood — and it shows. His wood gathers patina and character with age; every Hans Wegner piece testifies to the life it has led.
- Poul Kjaerholm Coffee Table PK61 for E. Kold Christensen, DenmarkBy E. Kold Christensen, Poul KjærholmLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselEarly production midcentury coffee table by Poul Kjaerholm, manufactured by E. Kold Christensen. The stamp of the manufacturer is present on the base (image 10). The glass tabletop i...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Alvar Aalto Birch Midcentury Dining Set for Artek, FinlandBy Alvar Aalto, ArtekLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselIconic dining set from Finnish designer and architect Alvar Aalto. De set consists of a table (model 82A) and six chairs (model 69) with vinyl upholstery. All original from first own...Category
Vintage 1960s Finnish Scandinavian Modern Dining Room SetsMaterials
Faux Leather, Birch
- Poul Kjaerholm Nesting Tables PK 71 for E. Kold Kristensen, DenmarkBy E. Kold Christensen, Poul KjærholmLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselSet of three elegant and minimalist designed nesting tables by Pool Kjaerholm for E. Sold Christensen. The material used is reduced to an absolute minimum, no screws or bolts are use...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Nesting Tables and Stacking TablesMaterials
- Mid-Century Grete Jalk Easy Chairs for P. Jeppesens Møbelfabrik, DenmarkBy Grete JalkLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselTwo easy chairs model PJ56 in teak with new blue upholstery. Simple and elegant, typical for designs by Grete Jalk. Marked under the seating.Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Scandinavian Modern Easy Chairs FD164 by Arne Vodder for France & Son, DenmarkBy France & Søn, Arne VodderLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselLounge chair FD 164 in teak by Arne Vodder with reclining backrest (3 positions). For one of the chairs the wooden frame of the seat has been replaced. Cushions are original and newl...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Midcentury Floorlamp NX38 by Louis Kalff for Philips, NetherlandsBy Philips, Louis KalffLocated in RHEEZERVEEN, OverijsselThe minimalistic design of the thin wired base ending in a wide turned around scale, gives this floorlamp by Dutch Louis Kalff a futuristic appearance. The lampshade spreads a warm l...Category
Vintage 1950s Dutch Mid-Century Modern Floor LampsMaterials
- Danish Drop Leaf Sewing Table in Teak 1950s, Hans Wegner Andreas Tuck At33By Hans J. WegnerLocated in Leamington Spa, GB1950s Danish solid teak sewing or side table (model AT33) designed by Hans J Wegner and manufactured Andreas Tuck. Crafted with two drop leaves that extend the table from 66cm to 118 cm maximum length. The drawer, boasting sculptural teak pulls, is equipped with several sections and built-in sewing accessories...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner Teak Dining Table for Andreas TuckBy Hans J. WegnerLocated in Pawtucket, RILarge and rare Hans Wegner teak and steel legged drop-leaf dining table. Leaves can be also be removed. Manufactured by Cabinetmaker Andreas Tuck. Table measures 28" x 25" x 71" x 39...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck Model AT33 Drop-Leaf Sewing Table in TeakBy Andreas Tuck, Hans J. WegnerLocated in Brooklyn, NY1950s Danish solid teak sewing or side table (model AT33) designed by Hans J Wegner and manufactured Andreas Tuck. Crafted with two drop leaves that...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Midcentury Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck Drop-Leaf Side TableBy Hans J. WegnerLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis beautiful vintage modern drop-leaf side table is stamped, "By Hans Wegner for Andreas Tuck, made in Denmark." A functional and skillful design that extends from 30 inches wide t...Category
Vintage 1970s Danish Mid-Century Modern Drop-leaf and Pembroke TablesMaterials
- Extendable Danish Teak Dining Table by Hans Wegner for Andreas TuckBy Hans J. Wegner, Andreas Tuck MøbelfabrikLocated in St-Brais, JUThis is a beautiful and very rare large edition of model AT 310. A dining table designed by Hans J. Wegner, produced by Andreas Tuck in Denmark. Equipped with 2...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Scandinavian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Hans Wegner Teak Dining Table Model AT-304 by Andreas Tuck DenmarkBy Hans J. WegnerLocated in St.Petersburg, FLA classic drop leaf dining table by Hans Wegner manufactured by Andreas Tuck, Denmark, ca' 1950's. Top is oak and legs are teak, with original brass pop up mechanism that is such a t...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Design Icon Ilse Crawford on Her Colorful New Hans Wegner Chairs
If anyone is brave, humble and adept enough to recolor these mid-century masterpieces, it’s Ilse Crawford. Here, she gives us the details on her five earthy paint choices and tells us how she feels about design collaborations.
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery