Louis Vuitton Men Hoodie
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Sweaters
People Also Browsed
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches
Early 2000s Italian Sport Jackets
2010s Wrist Watches
1990s French Cocktail Dresses
1990s Italian Aesthetic Evening Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shirts
20th Century Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
2010s Italian Miscellaneous
2010s Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
Early 2000s Sunglasses
21st Century and Contemporary French Suitcases and Trunks
2010s Italian Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Sunglasses
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
1990s British Trouser Pant Suits
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Sweaters
21st Century and Contemporary Sweaters
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Louis Vuitton for sale on 1stDibs
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Finding the Right clothing for You
From museum-worthy vintage Oscar de la Renta evening dresses and jackets to audacious T-shirts and trousers from provocative punk designer Vivienne Westwood, one thing is abundantly clear: If the clothing available on 1stDibs could talk, it would certainly make a statement.
For fashion lovers, the 1990s have become associated with styles adopted by today’s supermodels and influencers — think Galliano and Cavalli — but maybe ‘80s accessories are among your (guilty?) pleasures. Playful, boldly colored coats and outerwear from Moschino and other titans of the era can take a simpler ensemble to the next level, while chic and practical suits from the likes of Christian Dior and Chanel remain classic for haute couture advocates and beyond. By exploring the vast array of vintage collections on these pages, you can transform your closet into a retreat that is as retro as it is royal.
Velvet cocktail dresses and silk evening gowns designed by French-born American couturiere Pauline Trigère — who dressed Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor — have proven timeless since their mid-century debut, while an overcoat by Alexander McQueen is the perfect finishing touch. In fact, an emerald one stays in rotation for Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge.
Those seeking modern high-fashion brands are also in luck. Turn your day-to-day into a runway with selections from Dolce & Gabbana, Yves Saint Laurent and Versace or complete that fresh look with stunning footwear classics from the likes of Gucci and Christian Louboutin. The future — and glamorous past — of fashion is yours for the wearing.
Build your collection of covetable and iconic vintage garments by shopping on 1stDibs. No matter where you roam, our diverse apparel and accessories will keep you covered in the hottest styles and comfiest black hoodie imaginable.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Key pouches are one of Louis Vuitton’s most popular small leather goods and restocks are subject to availability both on the brand’s website and through multiple retailers. For physical locations, consult the brand’s website. On 1stDibs, inventory from top-vetted sellers is routinely added. Shop a variety of in-stock Louis Vuitton key pouches and sign up for the mailing list for regular updates on stock.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The best place to fix a Louis Vuitton bag depends on the severity of the damage. Louis Vuitton offers evaluation and repair services for authentic goods. Whether you inquire online or in a physical retail location, a Care Expert can assess the cost of a repair and provide you with a complimentary shipping label. Shop a collection of well-vetted preloved Louis Vuitton items on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022To find the date code on Louis Vuitton handbags, look to the interior. Unlike other luxury brands, Louis Vuitton does not come with authenticity cards but rather a date code stamped in the lining or on a leather tab within an interior pocket. Note, Louis Vuitton did not include date codes in their handbags until 1982 and stopped including date codes as of March 2021. Newer Louis Vuitton items instead have an RFLD chip. On 1stDibs, find a wide range of authentic Louis Vuitton items.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The best Louis Vuitton bag for you to buy will always be a matter of personal needs and preferences. Louis Vuitton offers a wide variety of bags, from spacious Neverfull and Keepall designs, to more compact statement Twist and Boite Chapeau styles, and even more in between. On 1stDibs, find a large collection of authenticated Louis Vuitton bags.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021Louis Vuitton bags are so expensive due to their exquisite craftsmanship and durable materials. Additionally, the production of Louis Vuitton products is limited, which also increases the brands prices.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, if they’re post-1980. Modern Louis Vuitton products have date codes that indicate the country of manufacture and the time of year it was made. The date codes are usually tucked away in seams or pockets. On 1stDibs, you’ll find a large collection of authentic Louis Vuitton products from some of the world’s top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022No, not all Louis Vuitton items have date codes. The brand introduced the codes in 1982, so vintage bags produced before that date lack the code. In March 2021, Louis Vuitton began adding authentication microchips to their bags instead of stamping on date codes. You’ll find a large selection of authentic Louis Vuitton apparel and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Do Louis Vuitton shoes run small?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Whether or not Louis Vuitton shoes run small depends on the style in question. In some cases, the brand's shoes are about a half size smaller than standard sizing. However, others are true to size. Generally, Louis Vuitton shoes tend to be slightly narrow, so you may need to go up a half size if you have wide feet or prefer a roomier fit. Find a collection of Louis Vuitton shoes on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Some do. Louis Vuitton shoes typically run true to size for sneakers and flats. For pumps and heels, they can run about a 1/2 size small with some exceptions. Shop iconic vintage and contemporary Louis Vuitton apparel on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021The Neverfull MM is one of Louis Vuitton's most popular bags. It is not being discontinued.
- Is supreme louis vuitton?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022No. VF Corporation, which is based in Denver, Colorado, owns Supreme. A French company called LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton owns Louis Vuitton, with headquarters in Paris, France. As of December 2021, there is no affiliation between the two companies. Shop a large selection of both Supreme and Louis Vuitton apparel on 1stDibs.
- Is Louis Vuitton haute couture?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes. Louis Vuitton is a member of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode (FHCM), which is the governing body of haute couture as an art form. Founded in 1868 as the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture and renamed FHCM in 2017, the organization has around 100 members — and Sidney Toledano, the CEO of Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), sits on its executive committee. “Haute couture” is a legal term that, literally translated, means “high sewing” and refers to innovative, hand-crafted garments created for private clients and presented to the public every January and July. Browse a wide array of Louis Vuitton haute couture from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- Is Louis Vuitton real leather?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, nearly all Louis Vuitton bags are genuine leather at least along the handles and trim. The remainder of their coated canvas bags is PVC-coated cotton canvas, but leather is the sole material used to make some Louis Vuitton handbags, wallets and luggage pieces. You’ll find a large selection of Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Louis Vuitton offers products made of both 100% genuine leather and canvas. Louis Vuitton canvas is known for its durability and is sometimes mistaken for leather. Consult the brands website for information about specific items and their materials. On 1stDibs, find a variety of authentic Louis Vuitton pieces from some of the worlds top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Wrap your Louis Vuitton bag’s handles with a scarf by knotting one end of the scarf at the base of one side of the handle. Continue winding the scarf around the handle, wrapping it as you go. Once you reach the other side, knot it at the base of the other side’s handle. Take care to wrap evenly and try to match the length of the tail at both sides. A good tail length covers the leather of the handle to offer extra protection. Shop for your next authentic Louis Vuitton bag or scarf from the wide variety on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Store your Louis Vuiton bag at room temperature, and away from light and moisture. Do not hang it when storing it, but instead set it on a flat surface with the strap neatly rolled up inside. Stuff it with tissue or fabric to help it maintain its shape. It is always best to clean it before storing and take it out monthly to air it out. Browse through a selection of authentic Louis Vuitton handbags on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022To reshape a Louis Vuitton bag that has creases or is slouching, you can use stuffing and warmth to coax it back into shape. Stuff the bag with soft fabric to straighten it out and recreate the shape you want. Then hold a cloth over the area you’re working on to protect it and apply heat from a blow dryer or steamer to the bag. Do not apply direct or high heat—the key is to work slowly and always protect the exterior of the bag. Shop a collection of vintage and contemporary Louis Vuitton bags from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022How you wear a Louis Vuitton scarf comes down to a matter of preference. The various designs and styles can be wrapped around your neck on cooler days or simply worn loose around your shoulders. You’ll find a variety of Louis Vuitton scarves from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022If you want to remove the sticky lining in your Louis Vuitton bag, there are several different methods you can use. Some people use tape to pull off the lining, others use an alcohol-based product, and some just use a water-dampened cloth to rub off the lining. It should be noted that you want to be very careful removing the lining as it can damage the bag. The lining is patented by Louis Vuitton and designed to be water resistant, providing an extra layer of protection inside your handbag. On 1stDibs, you’ll find an assortment of vintage and contemporary Louis Vuitton handbags from some of the top sellers around the world.
- 1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022There are a few signs you can look for to determine whether your Louis Vuitton purse is real or fake. Authentic Louis Vuitton bags have a soft Vachetta leather trim that ages to a rich golden-brown color — fake LV bags might have a pink or orange hue to the leather or stiff leather that feels like plastic. The heat stamps on genuine Louis Vuitton bags have crisp edges and evenly sized and spaced letters in only one font, while fakes may have uneven heat stamps with blurred letters. The zipper pulls and larger pieces of hardware on a Louis Vuitton bag have the logo placed in a central position, and all of the hardware on the bag should match. Louis Vuitton bags made after 1980 have a date code that begins with two letters to indicate where it was made, followed by four numbers that indicate the date the product was made. Shop a collection of authentic Louis Vuitton purses from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Opening a Louis Vuitton lock without a key can be done by a locksmith in many cases. If they cannot open the lock for you, you might be able to find extra keys through a Louis Vuitton store or an authorized retailer. You can also find Louis Vuitton lock keys available on the secondhand market. You’ll find a variety of Louis Vuitton products from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Adding your initials to Louis Vuitton goods adds a personalized touch to your favorite luxury items. Louis Vuitton will monogram new and pre-owned authentic items at participating boutiques. Consult the brand’s website for more details. Browse a variety of Louis Vuitton handbags on 1stDibs.