Mud Matte Lacquer Finished Solid Oak Dining Table, Cassina
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Mud Matte Lacquer Finished Solid Oak Dining Table, Cassina
- DimensionsHeight: 29.1 in (73.92 cm)Width: 42.1 in (106.94 cm)Depth: 92.9 in (235.97 cm)
- StyleModern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and TechniquesOak,Lacquered
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2022
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Excellent showroom condition. Used in showroom setting. Barely imperceptible evidence of wear.
- Seller LocationTulsa, OK
- Reference NumberSeller: C-525 101stDibs: LU3309130097152
About the Designer
A pioneer of modernism in France, Charlotte Perriand was one of the most influential figures in 20th-century design and architecture. In her long career, Perriand’s aesthetic grammar constantly evolved, moving from the tubular steel furniture of the Machine Age to a lyrical naturalism.
Perriand’s studies at the Ecole de L'Union Centrale de Arts Decoratifs left her enthralled by Le Corbusier and his vision of a new, rational architecture. In 1924, she joined his studio to design furniture along with Pierre Jeanneret, Corbu’s partner and cousin. Together, they devised some of the finest examples of early modernist furniture, including two icons of the era: the B306 chaise with its swooping frame and hide upholstery; and the chunky, steel-framed Grand Confort club chair. Collaborative design produced another Perriand triumph: in the early 1950s, she and Jean Prouvé were engaged to produce desks, worktables and bookcases for the University of Paris. The bookcases — slim pine shelves with brightly painted aluminum dividers — are minimalist masterpieces.
By the end of that decade, Perriand’s aesthetic had changed completely from the earliest days of her career. She produced a series of furniture in ebonized wood: chairs with gentle S-curve legs, front and back; tables with elliptical tops. In the mid-1960s, she adopted an almost rustic look, designing simple chairs with dowel-cut frames and rush seats. Yet everything in Perriand’s oeuvre is beautiful, whether it’s the centerpiece of a décor or an accent. Charlotte Perriand’s work is in every great design collection, public and private. Works on these pages will show you why.
About the Manufacturer
Furniture manufacturer Cassina is a prolific design house for more reasons than one: It not only owns the licenses to an exquisite collection of iconic chairs, sofas, tables and other pieces from the 20th and 21st centuries but also produces original works that are characterized by innovation and the finest Italian craftsmanship.
Cassina’s illustrious legacy includes being one of the first companies to bring industrial design to Italy in the 1950s. Founded in 1927 in Meda, Italy, by brothers Cesare and Umberto Cassina, the Italian manufacturing giant originally specialized in bespoke woodworking. In nearly a century since its founding, the company has shown incredible foresight about design trends and the evolution of technology.
In 1964, Cassina signed an exclusive licensing agreement to manufacture furniture by Le Corbusier and his collaborators — such as the LC4 chaise longue made with trailblazing French modernist Charlotte Perriand and Pierre Jeanneret — a move that would shape the future of the company. Cassina’s I Maestri collection is an ongoing initiative to restyle landmark designs from the 20th century, such as pieces by Gerrit Rietveld (the Red and Blue armchair from 1918), Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Erik Gunnar Asplund, Franco Albini and Frank Lloyd Wright. The company preserves the intentions and original styles of their designs but adds updated techniques, materials and processes — rendering them the best possible combination of past, present and future. The brand has also worked with contemporary icons like Zaha Hadid, Gio Ponti and Philippe Starck.
Cassina’s original designs are cutting-edge as well. They include pieces for everyday use, the development of which is guided by comfort and the marriage of Italian craftsmanship with industrial technology.
Some of Cassina’s pieces, both from its contemporary and I Maestri collections, can be found in the collections of museums like the Museum of Modern Art and the Vitra Design Museum. In 2014, the company became part of Haworth in its acquisition of Italian furniture group Poltrona Frau, and in 2015, Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola joined Cassina as its art director, leading the brand into its next century of inventive style.
Find a collection of new and vintage Cassina furniture on 1stDibs.
- Black Stained Oak Top Container Round Pedestal Dining Table, MoooiBy MoooiLocated in Tulsa, OKThe Container table Classic By Moooi Designed by Wanders Studio, 2003 Part of The Container Family, The Container Table concept is a fully versatile system that has endless com...Category
2010s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Oak$2,946 Sale Price20% Off
- Ashwood Stained Amaranth Low Table, CassinaBy CassinaLocated in Tulsa, OKReaction Poetique low table by Cassina This sculptural low table from Cassina employs form, light, and shade to express the ineffable beauty of wood, thanks also to the masterful ...Category
2010s Italian Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Set Of 4 Coral Colored Velvet Blend Covered Dining Chair, CassinaBy Cassina, Patricia UrquiolaLocated in Tulsa, OKDudet Armchair by Cassina. Designed by Patricia Urquiola, Dudet has a soft, enveloping shape that offers contemporary comfort with a well-developed sense of environmental awareness...Category
2010s Italian Modern ChairsMaterials
- Walnut Chest of Drawers, CassinaBy Cassina, Patricia UrquiolaLocated in Tulsa, OKRondos Cabinet By Cassina. Rondos 558 01 is a four drawer credenza, dresser, entryway piece in finished in American Walnut with a wood top. Designed by Patricia Urquiola, Rondo...Category
2010s Italian Modern DressersMaterials
- Mooooi Red Lacquered Solid Birch Farmer Side TableBy MoooiLocated in Tulsa, OKCommon Comrade Farmer side table by Moooi Design by Neri and Hu Red lacquered solid birch side table from Moooi is a clever personification of the simplicity of country life, whe...Category
2010s Dutch Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Ashwood Stained Black Tray, CassinaBy CassinaLocated in Tulsa, OKReaction Poetique tray by Cassina This sculptural table top tray from Cassina employs form, light, and shade to express the ineffable beauty of wood, thanks also to the masterful ...Category
2010s Italian Organic Modern Serving PiecesMaterials
Wood$612 Sale Price20% Off
- Dining Table, Cassina, WalnutBy CassinaLocated in Lejre, DKDining table, designed and manufactured by Cassina in walnut wood. In incredibly beautiful condition. This product will be inspected thoroughly at our professional workshop by our...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Danish Mid-Century Modern TablesMaterials
- Eros Solid Oak Dining TableBy Aeterna FurnitureLocated in El Paso, TXSolid oak handcrafted dining table. 2" thick tabletop with nature inspired pedestals.Category
2010s Modern TablesMaterials
Hardwood, Oak$4,500 / item
- Custom Lacquered Oak Dining TableBy Ken PetersenLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis custom dining table is made from oak with white lacquered top and base. It is seen here in 120" x 42" x 30" H, however it can be built in any size. Because each table is benc...Category
2010s American Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Oak$16,500 / item
- Gianfranco Frattini, Capri, Dining Table, Cassina, 1985By Cassina, Gianfranco FrattiniLocated in Paris, FRGianfranco Frattini (1926-2004) Capri A dining table. The rectangular glass top supported on each of the wide sides by a two-tier black lacquered cylinder wood frame, on four ...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Outdoor Round Dining Table In Matte White LacquerLocated in New York, NYHandcrafted of reinforced resin and lacquered in white ref. RAL "9227" matte. Unlike concrete, reinforced resin is forceful enough to withstand extreme weather conditions without cr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Portuguese Modern Patio and Garden FurnitureMaterials
Resin, Lacquer$7,800 / item
- QUERCUS Solid Oak Dining table with stunning hand-burnished lacquer finishBy Dunleavy BespokeLocated in Caragh, IE‘Quercus’ Solid Oak Dining table with stunning hand-burnished lacquer finish. A modern bespoke dining table with a beautiful grain pattern that is perfectly presented with its appea...Category
2010s Irish Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials