- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Impressive 1970s Custom Order Cartier Gold Bracelet
About the Item
- Weight:13.14 t oz
- Dimensions:Width: 3 in (76.2 mm)Length: 7.5 in (190.5 mm)
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:1973
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:1stDibs: JU130701148355
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- 1970s Cartier Paris Sapphire Gold Modernist BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA modern and unusual 1970s bracelet from Cartier-Paris with deeply textured finish on quarter round segments of 18K gold each set with a cabochon sapphire and hinged to move independ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link BraceletsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$18,500Free Shipping
- Custom Made 1960s Diamond Moonstone Gold Owl BraceletLocated in New York, NYMade to order in the 1960s this exceptional figural owl bracelet is completely hand crafted of 14K gold with each feather individually formed and applied in curved layers forming a s...Category
Vintage 1960s American Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Moonstone, 14k Gold$22,500Free Shipping
- 1970s Cartier Paris Eagle Claw Gold Ear ClipsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYSpectacular Cartier-Paris earclips in 18K gold, formed as 3-dimensional intertwining eagle claws. Marked "Cartier Paris", numbered, French gold mark and bench mark. 27.1 penny weight...Category
Vintage 1970s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold$14,850Free Shipping
- 1970s Tiffany & Co. Textured Gold Bangle BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA fashionable but not flashy 1970s Tiffany & Co. "everyday" bangle of alternating polished and textured 18K gold that is perfect alone or stacked for day, night, or travel. Marked: 1...Category
Vintage 1970s American BanglesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$8,755Free Shipping
- Woven Gold Wide Bangle BraceletLocated in New York, NYA sporty and fashionable bangle bracelet with an unusual eye catching design of hand woven individual strips of thick 18K gold. Weighing 139.9 grams Measuring 8 inches.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Cuff BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$8,500Free Shipping
- Italian Rose Gold and Faceted Grey Gold BraceletLocated in New York, NYA spectacular and unusual 1940s Italian Retro bracelet crafted in tubular links of 18K rose gold, flanking grey gold links formed to imitate large faceted stones. 51.8 grams. 1 1/4 i...Category
Vintage 1940s Italian Cuff BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$14,500Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Yellow Gold Zip Necklace and Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYVan Cleef & Arpels has transformed the ordinary into the extraordinary by taking the humble zipper and revamping it into one of their most iconic pieces, the Zip Necklace. The Zip ne...Category
Vintage 1950s French More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Cartier Paris by Georges Lenfant Gold Knot Bracelet and RingBy CartierLocated in Amsterdam, NLAn important 18-carat gold knot bangle, signed and numbered: Cartier Paris, 016 053 by Georges Lenfant. And an 18-carat gold knot pinky ring of twisted thick gold wire. Signed and nu...Category
Vintage 1970s French Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$44,444 / setFree Shipping
- Cartier Vivid Yellow, White Diamond Panther WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCARTIER Vivid Yellow, White Diamond Panther Watch A magnificent 18k yellow gold Panthere watch, set with vivid yellow and white diamonds, emerald eyes and onyx, signed Cartier with F...Category
Vintage 1980s French Wrist WatchesMaterials
White Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Emerald, Onyx, 18k Gold
- Jacques L'enfant for Georges L'enfant Gold Bracelet, Paris, circa 1950By Georges L'EnfantLocated in New York, NYGold Bracelet by Jacques L'enfant for Georges L'enfant, Paris, circa 1950 A bracelet composed of interlocking links of polished gold and textured gold; in 18-karat gold, with French...Category
Vintage 1950s French Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$38,000Free Shipping
- Georges Lenfant for Cartier Woven Gold Flat Link Bracelet with CertificateBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA mid-century woven gold "Paillette" bracelet comprised of thirteen flat elliptical oval links, in 18k. Cartier, Paris. #HSA1085/010670. Maker's mark for Georges Lenfant. Accompan...Category
Vintage 1960s French Retro Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$44,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Yellow Gold Panthere De Cartier BraceletBy CartierLocated in London, GBA striking 18k yellow gold bracelet by Cartier from the Panthere de Cartier collection. The bracelet comprises of a panther head motif set with 2 round tsavorites as eyes and an onyx...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clamper BraceletsMaterials
Onyx, Tsavorite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,092Free Shipping
- 1970s Diamond Gold Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami Beach, FLGeometric 18k gold hinged bangle bracelet with pave diamond triangles. Interior dimension is 6.5".Category
Vintage 1970s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$5,500 Sale Price35% OffFree Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Sabona Cuff Bracelet 18 Karat Yellow Gold & Copper, Circa 1970By CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage Cartier Sabona cuff bracelet in 18 karat yellow gold & copper, circa 1970. Sabona was established in 1959 in New York, and in 1970, the design, a collaboration with Cartie...Category
Vintage 1970s American Retro Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Copper
- Cartier Trinity 18K Golds Pearl BraceletBy CartierLocated in Banbury, GBTrinity bracelet, 18k white gold, 18K rose gold, 18K yellow gold. __________________________________ Dandelion Antiques Code AT-1372 Brand Cartier Model B6037400 Date Circa 2018 ...Category
2010s French BanglesMaterials
White Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$2,976Free Shipping
- 1970s Diamond Gold Ram's Head BraceletLocated in New York, NYA bold 18kt yellow gold and diamond bracelet representing a Ram's head, with marquise-cut sapphire eyes. Circa 1970Category
Vintage 1970s American Cuff BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$39,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Love Yellow Gold Cuff BraceletBy CartierLocated in Lambertville, NJCartier Love yellow gold cuff bracelet. Comes with service papers and pouch. Retail $4950. Bracelet is Cartier size 16, width 6mm. Weight - 21.8 grams. Marked: Cartier, Au750, 16, BS...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Yellow Gold$4,600Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery