- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Vintage Yellow Gold Stirrup Cufflinks
- Metal18k Gold,Yellow Gold
- Weight17.5 g
- DimensionsHeight: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)Width: 1 in (25.4 mm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1970
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBeverly Hills, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: NS JGTO-12211stDibs: LU6914195562
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Beverly Hills, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Cartier Vintage 18k Gold Cufflinks Estate JewelryBy CartierLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA pair of chic vintage Cartier cufflinks, made of 18k gold and featuring invisibly set sapphire. Each cufflink is comprised of a gold cushion with a convex top part carrying four tab...Category
Vintage 1980s French CufflinksMaterials
Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,900Free Shipping
- Vintage Yellow Gold Coral Rectangular CufflinksLocated in Beverly Hills, CAVintage rectangular unisex cufflinks made of 14k yellow gold features polished coral. Stamped with a hallmark for 14k gold. Measurements: the front part is 11/16" L x 9/16" H, the st...Category
Vintage 1970s CufflinksMaterials
Coral, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,200 / set
- Arthur King Vintage Yellow Gold Nugget CufflinksBy Arthur KingLocated in Beverly Hills, CAVintage 18k yellow gold nugget-textured cufflinks by Arthur King. Handcrafted in New York, circa 1960’s. Adding a sophisticated touch to any look. Stamped with the Arthur King make...Category
Vintage 1960s American CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,200Free Shipping
- Chaumet Vintage Yellow Gold Malachite Cufflinks Tie Tack SetBy ChaumetLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA beautiful set of cufflinks and a tie tack from Chaumet (Paris). Made of 18k yellow gold and malachite. Stamped with the Chaumet maker's mark, a hallmark for 18k gold and a serial n...Category
Vintage 1970s French CufflinksMaterials
Malachite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,000 / setFree Shipping
- Diamond Yellow Gold Dog CufflinksLocated in Beverly Hills, CACute and fun spaniel dog cufflinks. Elegant and wearable, the cufflinks are a great addition to your jewelry and accessories collection. Made of 14 karat (tested) yellow gold and ac...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown CufflinksMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,150Free Shipping
- Trianon Yellow Gold Ebony Wood CufflinksBy TrianonLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn ebony wood and 18k yellow gold pair of cufflinks signed by Trianon. Featuring a tiny yellow gold bee. Stamped with Trianon maker's mark, a hallmark for 18k gold and a serial numb...Category
Vintage 1980s CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,400 / setFree Shipping
- Cartier Paris Cufflinks 18 Kt Yellow Gold Stirrup VintageBy CartierLocated in Milan, IT18k yellow gold Cartier Paris stirrup cufflinks, sugarloaf cut. Cufflinks measure 26mm x 21mm. marked Cartier, French hallmarks, Paris. Weight - 16 gramsCategory
Vintage 1970s French CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,698Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold Vintage Cartier Paris Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in Antwerp, BEVintage Cartier Paris Stirrup Cufflinks In 18 Kt Yellow Gold The cuffs are solid 18 karat gold and both signed "Cartier", numbered "133823" and hallmarked at several places. Mater...Category
20th Century CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,126Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Stirrup Cufflinks 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Circa 1950By CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage pair of Cartier stirrup cufflinks in 18 karat yellow gold, circa 1950. Each exquisite cufflink features a tapered fluted design, with a beautiful polished finish and patin...Category
Vintage 1950s Unknown Retro CufflinksMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,972Free Shipping
- Cartier Maillon Panthere Diamond Yellow Gold Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThese iconic stirrup cufflinks from Cartier's classic Maillon Panthere collection are crafted in 18k yellow goold and set with E-F VVS2-VS1 diamonds weighing an estimated 0.60 carats...Category
1990s French CufflinksMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$3,900Free Shipping
- Cartier 'Trinity' Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier cufflinks crafted in 18 karat tri-color gold. The bands of yellow, white, and rose gold are accented on each end with Cartier's signature 'C' motif. Signed Cartie...Category
Late 20th Century Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$2,750Free Shipping
- Cartier Sapphire Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in London, GBA pair of vintage Cartier stirrup cufflinks, set with square, cabochon-cut sapphires in the bar terminals, with hinged stirrups, mounted in gold, signed Cartier Paris, numbered 01160...Category
Vintage 1950s French Retro CufflinksMaterials
Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,553Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.