- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Paris Tank Francaise Hoop Clips Earrings in Solid 18Kt Yellow Gold
About the Item
- Weight:19.5 g
- Dimensions:Width: 0.31 in (7.88 mm)Depth: 0.63 in (16.01 mm)Length: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)
- Sold As:Set of 2
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:2000
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of these earrings are excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: E0000MORE/.37011stDibs: LU2690216523882
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
On 1stDibs, find a growing collection of contemporary and vintage Cartier watches, engagement rings, necklaces and other accessories.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Cartier Paris 1970 Iconic Double Bamboo Hoop Clips Earrings in 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLDouble bamboo hoop earrings designed by Cartier. Beautiful vintage pair, created in Paris France by the iconic jewelry house of Cartier, back in the late 1970's. These very chic cla...Category
Late 20th Century French Modernist Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,985Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Bold Large Trinity Hoop Earrings In Three Tones Of Solid 18Kt GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLTrinity bold hoops earrings designed by Cartier. These pieces are one of the most iconic and recognizable designs from the jewelry house of Cart...Category
1990s French Modernist Hoop EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris Oval Hoops Earrings in 18Kt Yellow Gold with 2.84 Cts VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLDiamonds set hoop earrings designed by Cartier. Exceptional diamonds set hoops created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier. These in and out diamonds earrings are from the Cartier collection privee...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$24,900Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris C de Cartier Large Pair of Hoop-Earrings in Solid 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLGreat pair of hoop earrings designed by Cartier. A beautiful iconic creation made in Paris France by the house of Cartier. These nice pair of hoop earrings has been crafted in solid...Category
1990s French Modern Drop EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris 1970 Wavy Oval Clips on Earrings in Solid 18kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLClips earrings designed by Cartier. Classic oval bombe pair, created in Paris France by the iconic jewelry house of Cartier, back in the late 1970's, These very chic pair of clips-earrings, has been carefully crafted with wavy patterns in solid yellow gold of 18 karats with high polished finish. Fitted with comfortable French omega backs for fastening clips and the posts option for pierced ears can be easily added. Weight: Combined of 18.9 Grams, (12.11 Dwt). Measurements: 21 mm by 18 mm (0.83 x 0.71 Inches). Hallmarks: Stamped with the national French eagle's head for the assay and warranty of the 18kt gold, the maker's maitre cartouche P. et F, for Pery Et Fils...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,850Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris 18Kt Gold Etruscan Earrings Hoops with 2.88 Cts in VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLHoop earrings designed by Cartier. Gorgeous modern pair created in Paris France by the house of Cartier. They was crafted with geometric Etruscan motifs in solid yellow gold of 18 k...Category
Early 2000s French Etruscan Revival Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,750Free Shipping
- David Webb 18 Karat Yellow Gold Pineapple Hammer Work Clip-On EarringsBy David WebbLocated in New York, NY18KT Yellow Gold Big Heavy Design David Webb Pineapple Hammer Work Clip On Earrings. Measuring 1.0 inches x .50 inches an it weighs 31.0 gramsCategory
1990s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold$3,500Free Shipping
- Yellow Gold Half Hoop Clip-on EarringsLocated in Los Angeles, CAYellow gold half-hoop clip-on earrings circa 1980. Jacob's Diamond & Estate Jewelry. ABOUT THIS ITEM: This pair of attractive half-hoop earrings is loaded with all the sensibilit...Category
Vintage 1980s Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,500 / setFree Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Yellow Gold Diamond EarringsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYThese stunning lever-back earrings from the Alhambra collection by Van Cleef & Arpels are crafted in 18k yellow gold and accented with 16 brilliant-cut diamonds of an estimated 0.56 ...Category
1990s French Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$10,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Trinity Tri Color 3 Row Gold Hoop EarringsBy CartierLocated in Chicago, ILCirca 2000 Cartier Trinity collection 18K Yellow, Rose and White Gold Hoop Earrings, measuring 7/8 inch in length 7/8 inch in diameter and 3/8 inch wide. having Omega backs to which ...Category
Early 2000s French Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold$3,795Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Earrings Nouvelle Vague 18k Yellow Gold c1999 Fine JewelryBy CartierLocated in Torrance, CAOut of production vintage Cartier 'Nouvelle Vague' earrings crafted in 18k yellow gold (circa 1999). The polished gold Cartier earrings mea...Category
Late 20th Century French Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,975Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Atlas 18 Karat Yellow Gold Hoop Huggie EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLAn iconic Tiffany & Co. design these Atlas earrings are crafted of 18 karat yellow gold with a roman numeral motif embossed in matte and polished gol...Category
1990s American Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,796 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Gold Hoop Huggie Button EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Palm Desert, CATiffany & Co. 18k Yellow Gold Hoop Huggie Button Earrings. These designer smooth and shiny heavyweight earrings have a post and omega clip. Stamped on the back of the clip is Tiffany...Category
1990s French Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold$3,600Free Shipping
- Cartier Tubogas 18K Gold Tri-Color Link Hoop EarringsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLTri-Color Tubogas Link Hoop Earrings from Cartier. Made in solid 18K Gold, with highly polished white, rose & yellow gold omega-shaped wide Links. Secured by an omega clip-on closu...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold$8,799Free Shipping
- Cartier Panthere Walking Panther Diamond Hoop Earrings Yellow Gold Vintage 1980sBy CartierLocated in Lisbon, PTCartier Vintage “Panthère de Cartier” walking panther diamond hoop earrings in 18kt yellow gold, French, 1980s. A true collector’s piece, each of these earrings is designed as a wide...Category
Vintage 1980s French Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold$38,242Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Vintage Yellow Gold EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Feasterville, PAAn intriguing set of Tiffany & Co earrings showcasing an overlapping yellow gold design. The earrings have a length of .78" and .55" wide.Category
1990s Drop EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$5,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Double Bamboo Hoops Clip Earrings in 18k Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Kowloon City District, HK18k yellow gold designed as two row hoops of bamboo motif. Leverback fittings. French assay marks for gold and maker's mark. Signed Cartier and numbered. Date 1990s With fitted case....Category
1990s Hoop Earrings$14,500Free Shipping
- Cartier 18k Gold Bamboo Design Hoop Clip EarringsBy CartierLocated in Palm Beach, FLLarge half-hoop earrings, designed as three vertical rows of bamboo stalks in matte-finished 18 yellow gold. Hinged clip backs. Signed 'Cartier' with serial number and French gold ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$19,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Diamond Gold Electric Blue Lapis Clip Hoop EarringsBy CartierLocated in Greenwich, CTFilled with sophisticated energy these Cartier Paris modernist diamond, 18 karat yellow gold, and electric blue lapis clip hoop earrings are intoxicating. Signed Cartier. Stamped ...Category
Vintage 1980s European Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, Gold, 18k Gold
- Cartier 18k Love Hoop Earrings Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Boca Raton, FLCartier Love Hoop Earrings in 18K Yellow Gold. The Earrings measure 3/4 inch in diameter. 9.79 grams. Signed, Serial Number.Category
2010s Hoop EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$2,900Free Shipping
- 18kt Fairmined Ecological Yellow Gold Beaded Power Hoop EarringsLocated in New York, NYFeminine yet powerful, these elegant hoops were designed in the 1st century AD and crafted by an Ancient Greek artisan. So highly regarded were the Greek artisans, that they fashione...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,900 / itemFree Shipping
- 1.85ct Diamond 18kt Yellow Gold Hoop EarringsLocated in Palm Beach, FL18kt yellow gold polished hoop earrings with diamonds set to the front on the outside and inside of the hoop. Seventy-four round brilliant-cut diamonds weighing approximately 1.85 t...Category
2010s Unknown Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,250Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Gems by David Webb, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels Anchor The Back Vault’s Treasure Trove
Boasting one of the largest collections of David Webb in the world, the firm offers exceptional jewels — always in demand yet never in short supply.
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery