- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Vintage 18kt. Yellow Gold and Coral Signori and Bondioli Bracelet
About the Item
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Braintree, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Vintage 18kt. Yellow Gold Braid and Openwork BraceletLocated in Braintree, GBVintage 18kt. yellow gold braid and openwork bracelet, decorated with floral leaves. Made in 1970's Hallmarked for ( 750) 18k gold and Henrik mark. Dimensions - Length: 20.2 x 1....Category
Vintage 1970s European Link BraceletsMaterials
Yellow Gold$6,882Free Shipping
- MarCo Bicego 18kt Gold Ladies BraceletBy Marco BicegoLocated in Braintree, GBMarco Bicego 18KT Gold Ladies Bracelet Made in 1990’s, Italy Fully hallmarked, Marco Bicego 18KT Gold. Dimensions - Bracelet Length x Width: 18.5 x 2.3 cm Weight: 42 grams D...Category
1990s Italian Link BraceletsMaterials
- Cartier Vintage 18kt. Yellow Gold Basket with Gem Flowers BroochBy CartierLocated in Braintree, GBCartier Vintage 18kt. yellow gold basket with gem flowers brooch. Made in Italy, Ca. 1980's Hallmarked for Cartier Incorporation, Italy, 18kt. gold. The Dimensions: Length x widt...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian BroochesMaterials
Yellow Gold$8,776Free Shipping
- Cartier Cougar 18kt. Yellow Gold Ladies' Wristwatch 887921CBy CartierLocated in Braintree, GBCartier Cougar 18kt. yellow gold ladies' wristwatch 887921C Model: Cartier Cougar Strap Material: Yellow Gold Indices: Roman Numerals Case Colour: Gold Case Size: 27 mm Case Materia...Category
1990s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$10,671Free Shipping
- Cartier 18kt. Yellow, Pink and White Gold Trinity Charm PendantBy CartierLocated in Braintree, GBCartier 18kt. yellow, pink and white gold trinity charm pendant. The Cartier 18kt gold Trinity charm pendant is a timeless and elegant piece of jewellery. Made from 18kt yellow gol...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Pendant NecklacesMaterials
White Gold$1,389Free Shipping
- Vintage 18kt. white gold link bracelet set with 12.74 ct. diamondsLocated in Braintree, GBVintage 18kt. white gold link bracelet set with brilliant and baguette cut diamonds. Made Ca.1940's. Hallmarked for 18kt. white gold. Dimensions: Width: Length x width x depth: 2...Category
Vintage 1940s European Link BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$23,931Free Shipping
- 18K Yellow Gold Italian Mid-20th Century Coral Wrapped Rope NecklaceLocated in Palm Beach, FLCrafted at some point during the middle of the 20th century, undoubtedly in Italy, this very substantial 18K yellow gold fluted link, coral wrapped rope necklace has a hefty weight a...Category
Mid-20th Century Unknown Modern Chain NecklacesMaterials
Coral, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold
- 1970s William de Lillo Cameo RingBy William De LilloLocated in Scottsdale, AZRare 1970's item by William de Lillo. This is a beautiful done Cameo Ring with a heavy linked gold-tone chain edge. The cameo color is a vibrant orange coral. The ring is 2.5" long a...Category
Vintage 1970s American Fashion Rings$475Free Shipping
- 1970s William De Lillo Faux Coral Floral Etched BraceletBy William De LilloLocated in Scottsdale, AZRare 1970's item by William de Lillo. Gilt gold bracelet with a beautiful hand etched floral design around the bottom of the bracelet. Faux coral cabochons and coral glass beads. Sna...Category
Vintage 1970s American Art Nouveau BanglesMaterials
Coral, Gold Plate
- 1970s William de Lillo Rope Plate BraceletBy William De LilloLocated in Scottsdale, AZStunning and glam 1970's signed designer William de Lillo rope plate bracelet. Plated in gold and heavy in weight. Condition is excellent. It is 7″ in length and .65″ wide, the plate...Category
Vintage 1970s American Chain Bracelets$650Free Shipping
- 1970s William De Lillo Cabochon Cocktail RingBy William De LilloLocated in Scottsdale, AZA true red carpet center piece! All hand done, the metal work is intricate and elaborate, with a 3 rows of rhinestones throughout, glass purple cabochon stone is deep and rich in col...Category
Vintage 1970s American Cocktail Rings$795Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold BraceletLocated in Firenze, ITOf curb links design, French import assay mark for 18 carat gold, length 20.0 cm, gross weight 26 grams.Category
Vintage 1930s French Art Nouveau Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,435Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Rare Pelage Panthere Bracelet in 18Kt Yellow Gold And Black EnamelBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLModern Panthere Pelage bracelet designed by Cartier. A rare flexible bracelet made in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier. This Panthere claws Pelage bracelet was crafted i...Category
1990s French Contemporary Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$17,950Free Shipping
- Link Bracelet 18KT Yellow Gold MayorsLocated in Jupiter, FLBeautiful link bracelet from Mayors. Made in 18KT yellow gold, weighing 9.26grams. Halo link chain bracelet 7 inches long. GRAM WEIGHT: 9.26 GOLD: 18KT yellow gold CLOSURE: Custom ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,440 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Paris 1970 Flat Curb Links Bold Bracelet In Solid 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA bracelet designed by Cartier. Beautiful, sleek and elegant bracelet, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1970's. This piece is very high in fashio...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$13,590Free Shipping
- Art Nouveau 18kt Yellow Gold and Jade BraceletLocated in Firenze, ITFlexible bracelet, composed of jadeite jade discs alternated with quadrilobed links in guilloché yellow gold surmounted by Chinese characters. Length: 19.5cm. Weight: 14.8g.Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Art Nouveau Link BraceletsMaterials
Jade, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,214Free Shipping
- 18kt Gold Link Cartier London Necklace Bracelet Brilliant Cut Diamonds EstateBy CartierLocated in Antwerp, BEMust have for all occasions! Magnificent Cartier London necklace and bracelet in BI-color gold with diamonds. There are a few ways of enjoying this cartier necklace and bracelet: ...Category
20th Century Artisan Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$26,172Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery