Cartier Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Gems Enamel Pin Clip Estate Jewelry
About the Item
- Metal:Yellow Gold,18k Gold,White Gold
- Stone Cut:Mixed Cut
- Weight:17.2 g
- Dimensions:Height: 1.5 in (38.1 mm)Depth: 0.38 in (9.66 mm)Length: 2.38 in (60.46 mm)
- Place of Origin:Unknown
- Date of Manufacture:1950s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Beverly Hills, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: JRTOO 9-221stDibs: LU6917058022
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Beverly Hills, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- French Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Enamel Gems Duck Pin Clip Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CALovely joyful clip created in France in the 1950s. Depicting three ducks, fun and articulated, the brooch is definitely a conversational piece. Colorful and wearable, the clip is a g...Category
Vintage 1950s French BroochesMaterials
White Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Brooch Pin Clip 18k Gold Coral Gems Leo Zodiac Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn adorable vintage pin made of 18 karat gold, coral and gemstones. The brooch designed as a cute little lion and can be worn as a Leo Zodiac sign piece of jewelry. The clip is a great gift for everyone born between July 23 and August 22. The lion’s body is carved out of angel skin coral. The head, tale and mane are made of 18 karat yellow gold. The mane is composed of the gold spiky loops. The eyes are accented with emeralds, and the mouth with ruby. This charming creature has plenty of character. Along with carrying an amazing vintage jewelry...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown BroochesMaterials
Coral, Emerald, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage David Webb Pin Brooch Clip 18k Gold Enamel Tiger Estate JewelryBy David WebbLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA cute vintage David Webb brooch in 18 karat yellow gold, featuring enamel and gemstones. Nature has been a constant source of inspiration f...Category
Vintage 1980s American BroochesMaterials
Emerald, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Vintage David Webb Pin Brooch Pendant 18k Gold Gems Estate JewelryBy David WebbLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA gorgeous vintage David Webb 18 karat gold brooch, featuring emerald and diamond. Designed as a swirled branch, this vintage David Webb pin has exqu...Category
Vintage 1980s American BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- French Vintage Brooch Pin Clip 18k Gold Emerald Estate Jewelry Signed J WLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA joyful, bright vintage gold clip brooch from our French brooches collection. You can see it as an exotic flower or a ripe berry. Either way, this brooch is a true piece of art made with perfection in mind. An opulent flower/berry part is underlined with delicate leaves set with diamonds. The tiny branch looks hyper natural that is a signature of the time of production. This vintage French brooch...Category
Vintage 1970s French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- French Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Diamond Flower Pin Clip Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA classic vintage French brooch made of 18 karat gold and diamond. It’s an open work, airy 18k white gold brooch designed as a bouquet of flowers...Category
Vintage 1950s French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Gold
- Bumble Bee Brooch Pin Diamond Wings Vintage 18k Gold Estate Insect JewelryLocated in Torrance, CAFinely detailed vintage diamond bumble bee brooch, crafted in 18 karat yellow gold. Round brilliant cut diamonds total an estimated 0.50 carats 9estimated at H-I color and VS1-2 c...Category
Mid-20th Century Unknown Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Multi Gem and Diamond Toucan Gold Vintage Brooch Pin Estate Fine JewelryLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful! Finely detailed Vintage Multi Gemstone and Diamond Wonderful Gold Toucan Brooch. Hand set with Malachite Jasper MOP Agate and Diamond, weighing approx. 0.06tcw. Exq...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern BroochesMaterials
Agate, Malachite, Jasper, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier French Vintage Diamond 18K Gold Floral Retro Double Clip Brooch PinBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLThis Exquisite 1960's French-made vintage Cartier double brooches pins set are crafted in 18k yellow gold with leaf floral-inspired with texture...Category
Vintage 1960s French Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Vintage Diamond Enamel 18k Gold Turtle Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLBeautifully crafted in solid 18K Yellow Gold, this Turtle Gem Brooch is finely encrusted with brilliant Natural Diamonds approx. 0.86 carats, G-h color, VS clarity. The turtle she...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, EnamelFree Shipping
- Retro Ruby Brooch in Yellow Gold 18k, Black Enamel, Estate JewelryLocated in PARIS, FRRetro ruby brooch in yellow gold 18 karats. Brooch composed of a bar decorated with three half-cylinders with enamelled black triangles and decorated...Category
Vintage 1940s European Retro BroochesMaterials
Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel
- Cartier Diamond and Onyx Gold Vintage Dog Brooch Pin Estate Fine JewelryBy CartierLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful! Stylish and finely detailed Mid Century Modern CARTIER Dog with revolving head Brooch Pin sporting a Diamond collar articulated Hand cra...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Modernist BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Onyx, Gold, 18k Gold, Platinum
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
This iconic jewel has captured countless hearts with its elegant design and its amatory symbolism. Counterfeiters have taken note of the demand and created fake versions. If you’re looking for a genuine Cartier Love bracelet, it’s crucial to check all the elements for authenticity. Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of a knockoff.
The 14 Most Iconic Watches for Women
Style, craft and heritage combine to make these designs undeniable classics.