- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier 18kt Fluted Stirrup Cufflinks
- Metal18k Gold,Yellow Gold
- Weight16 g
- DimensionsWidth: 0.25 in (6.35 mm)Depth: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)
- Period20th Century
- Date of ManufactureCirca 20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. The cufflinks are in excellent vintage condition. Besides normal surface wear, there is no apparent damage to the gold setting. The hinges are in good working condition and the cufflinks close securely.
- Seller LocationNarberth, PA
- Reference NumberSeller: 447711stDibs: LU32813438242
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Narberth, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- 18kt and Diamond Curve EarringsLocated in Narberth, PAA fabulous pair of contemporary pavé earrings! Crafted in 18kt white gold, these earrings display approximately 1.50ctw of H color, SI clarity diamonds in an open-loop design. The pa...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$3,995Free Shipping
- Victorian 14kt Watch Chain Necklace with 18kt ExtensionLocated in Narberth, PAA stunning watch chain necklace from the Victorian (ca1880s) era! Crafted in 14kt yellow gold, the watch chain alternates between elongated oval links adorned with twisted accents an...Category
Antique 1880s Unknown Victorian Chain NecklacesMaterials
14k Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,495Free Shipping
- Edwardian 18 Karat Diamond Double Horse Photo Finish CufflinksLocated in Narberth, PAA fantastic and unique pair of equestrian-inspired cufflinks from the Edwardian (ca1910) era! Crafted in vibrant 18kt yellow gold with platinum accents, each cufflink displays a rais...Category
Vintage 1910s Unknown Edwardian CufflinksMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Mixed Metal, Yellow Gold, Platinum$3,115Free Shipping
- Victorian 18kt Diamond & Enamel Portrait LocketLocated in Narberth, PAAn absolutely gorgeous gold and enamel locket from the Victorian (ca1880) era! This wonderful piece is made of 18kt yellow gold and has a vividly stunning portrait displayed on its f...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Victorian Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Enamel$6,895Free Shipping
- Edwardian 18kt + Carved Opal Pharaoh Stick PinLocated in Narberth, PAA magnificent stickpin from the Edwardian (ca1910s) era! Crafted in 18kt yellow gold, this stickpin adorns a masterfully carved Opal in the shape of a pharaoh's head. The incredible ...Category
Vintage 1910s Unknown Edwardian BroochesMaterials
Opal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,995Free Shipping
- Retro 18kt Curb Link Chain Bracelet 36.8gLocated in Narberth, PAA classic curb link bracelet from the Retro (ca1940s) era! Crafted in vibrant 18kt yellow gold, this bracelet features rounded, hollow curb links that form a straight but flexible de...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,995Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold Vintage Cartier Paris Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in Antwerp, BEVintage Cartier Paris Stirrup Cufflinks In 18 Kt Yellow Gold The cuffs are solid 18 karat gold and both signed "Cartier", numbered "133823" and hallmarked at several places. Mater...Category
20th Century CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,045Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Cufflinks 18 Kt Yellow Gold Stirrup VintageBy CartierLocated in Milan, IT18k yellow gold Cartier Paris stirrup cufflinks, sugarloaf cut. Cufflinks measure 26mm x 21mm. marked Cartier, French hallmarks, Paris. Weight - 16 gramsCategory
Vintage 1970s French CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,655Free Shipping
- Cartier Sapphire Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in London, GBA pair of vintage Cartier stirrup cufflinks, set with square, cabochon-cut sapphires in the bar terminals, with hinged stirrups, mounted in gold, signed Cartier Paris, numbered 01160...Category
Vintage 1950s French Retro CufflinksMaterials
Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,400Free Shipping
- Cartier 'Trinity' Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier cufflinks crafted in 18 karat tri-color gold. The bands of yellow, white, and rose gold are accented on each end with Cartier's signature 'C' motif. Signed Cartie...Category
Late 20th Century Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$2,750Free Shipping
- Cartier Trinity 18kt Gold Cufflinks in Original BoxBy CartierLocated in Braintree, GBCartier Trinity 18kt gold cufflinks in original box. Designer: Cartier Serial Nr: AT 7019 Made in France, 1989 Fully hallmarked, eagles head, 750, date stamp. Dimensions - Size: 2....Category
Vintage 1980s French CufflinksMaterials
- Cartier Cufflinks Trinity Rock Crystal in 18kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Antwerp, BEGorgeous and very Classy Cartier Cufflinks Trinity Rock Crystal in 18kt Yellow Gold The cufflinks are signed and numbered Material: 18kt Yellow gold Total weight: 8.3 gram Measur...Category
20th Century Artisan CufflinksMaterials
Crystal, Rock Crystal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,761Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.