- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Constellation 18kt Yellow Gold, Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond Earrings
About the Item
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:13.7 g
- Dimensions:Length: 0.87 in (22 mm)
- Lab Report Available:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1990
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Denver, CO
- Reference Number:Seller: SD24561stDibs: LU2385117210242
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Denver, CO
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- 18kt Yellow Gold and Diamond Spiral Dangle EarringsLocated in Denver, COThese dangle earrings handcrafted in 18kt yellow gold and darkened gold in a spiral design feature eighty-four round diamonds totaling approximately 1.20 carats. The earrings measure...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Retro Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,600Free Shipping
- Estate Diamond and 18kt Yellow and White Gold Rope EarringsLocated in Denver, COThese two-tone Estate earrings feature three rows of 18kt yellow twisted gold rope overlaid by a crisscross of twenty-two round diamonds set in 18kt white gold and secured with Omega...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Contemporary More EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$4,500Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold and Diamond Estate BangleLocated in Denver, COCrafted in the 1960s in 18kt solid yellow gold, this estate bangle features eight round diamonds totaling approximately 0.50 carats, H color, SI1 clarity. The bangle measures 6.5 inc...Category
Vintage 1960s Unknown Retro BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,500Free Shipping
- Lalaounis 18kt Yellow Gold BangleBy Ilias LalaounisLocated in Denver, COThis 18kt yellow gold bangle bracelet was designed by the celebrated Greek jeweler, Ilias Lalaounis.Category
Late 20th Century Greek Modern BanglesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,500Free Shipping
- JB Star Diamond and 18kt Yellow Gold Cocktail RingBy JB StarLocated in Denver, COThis exquisite cocktail ring stamped "JB Star" is crafted from 18kt yellow gold and designed around 3.00 carats of baguette-shaped and round brilliant diamonds, F-G color, VS clarity.Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$11,500Free Shipping
- Vintage Five Diamond and 18kt Yellow Gold Gipsy RingLocated in Denver, COFive Old Mine cut diamonds totaling approximately 0.60 carats, H color, SI2 clarity, sparkle within a gipsy setting and framed by engraved diamond-shaped patterns and delicate milgra...Category
Mid-20th Century Unknown Retro Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,850Free Shipping
- Late Victorian Sapphire and Diamond Convertible Tiara/Necklace and EarringsLocated in London, GBAn extremely elegant late Victorian sapphire and diamond convertible tiara and earring set, in silver and gold, circa 1900’s. This beautifully handcrafted tiara can be effortlessly...Category
Antique Early 1900s British Victorian Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, Silver$55,268Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Constellation Diamond Trinity Ring in 18k Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in London, GBA beautiful vintage Cartier ‘Constellation’ diamond trinity ring set in 18k yellow gold. From the now discontinued Constellation collection, this ring takes homage to the sparkling ...Category
1990s Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,991Free Shipping
- Invisible Set Ruby and Diamond Heart EarringsLocated in New York, NYFinely crafted in 18K yellow gold featuring invisible set rubies weighing a total of 8.00 carats and surrounding diamonds weighing a total of 0.70 carat.Category
Early 2000s Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold$10,000Free Shipping
- GRS Certified 5 Carat Vivid Intense Blue Sri-Lanka Sapphire RingBy Antinori Fine JewelsLocated in Rome, ITAn exquisite ring composed by a very valuable natural unheated vivid blue sapphire certified by GRS plus two side halfmoon diamonds. Platinum mounting.Category
2010s Italian Modern Solitaire RingsMaterials
White Diamond, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire$66,750 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Yellow Gold Diamond Trinity EarringsBy CartierLocated in London, GBA sparkly pair of 18k yellow gold Cartier diamond hoop earrings from the Trinity de Cartier collection. The earrings comprise of 3 intertwined yellow gold bands with round brilliant ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,702Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Sapphire Cabochon and Diamond Earrings, 18K Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA pair of Cartier Paris Sapphire Cabochon and Diamond Earrings made in 18K Yellow Gold. The length is 0.75 inches. The total weight is 11.30 grams.Category
20th Century French More EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$20,000Free Shipping
- Cartier 18K Yellow Gold 1.25 Ct Diamond and Ruby EarringsBy CartierLocated in Southampton, PAThere’s something inherently elegant about these opulent Cartier Earrings. Crafted from 18K Yellow Gold, each one features a stunning array of inset diamond accents that together pos...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$12,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Ruby Diamond Yellow Gold Ring and EarringsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis elegant set of Cartier wrap earrings and band ring features faceted pear-cut rubies and sparkling square-cut diamonds set in 18k yellow gold. Simply stunning. Circa 1995. Dimen...Category
1990s French Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold$9,295Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Paris Sapphire and Diamond 18 Karat Yellow Gold EarringsBy CartierLocated in London, GBA pair of vintage Cartier Paris sapphire and diamond 18 karat yellow gold earrings, circa 1980. These elegant cluster earrings are set to the centre with pear shaped cabochon sapphi...Category
Vintage 1980s European Retro Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$24,256Free Shipping
- G. Verdi 18kt. Yellow Gold, .94ct. Diamond, Sapphire and Semi Precious EarringsLocated in New York, NYG. verdi of Italy earrings are beautifully crafted in 18 Karat yellow gold, and set with 3.07Ct. of pear shapes yellow sapphires and embellished with amethysts & green tourmaline. Th...Category
1990s Italian Contemporary Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Yellow Gold$13,800Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow and White Gold, White Sapphires Victorian Dangle EarringsLocated in Cattolica, ITA fascinating pair of earrings giving centre stage to two faceted white sapphires. Surrounding each earring is a little ball frame in white gold. These earrings are very light and th...Category
Vintage 1910s Italian Victorian Dangle EarringsMaterials
Sapphire, 18k Gold
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery