- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Iconic CARTIER FRANCE V Band Rose Gold Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:6.5 US, Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:8.5 g
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1993
- Seller Location:Montreal, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: TPB5483tpcaaHFNN1stDibs: LU51515992852
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Plattsburgh, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Ruby and Diamond Criss-Cross Gold Band RingLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful Ruby and Diamond Gold Crisscross Band Ring, securely Hand set with 5 Round Cut Rubies, approx. 0.40tcw and 50 round brilliant-cut Diamonds approx. Diamonds approx. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 14k Gold, White Gold$1,650Free Shipping
- Dian Malouf Designer Onyx and Sterling Silver and Gold Band Ring Estate FindLocated in Montreal, QCBeautiful and Stylish Hand crafted Ring by Designer Dian Malouf in finely detailed 925 Sterling Silver and 14 Karat Gold; top of ring securely hand set with a domed Onyx. Ring sizes ...Category
20th Century American Aesthetic Movement Band RingsMaterials
Onyx, Gold, 14k Gold, Sterling Silver
- Dian Malouf Designer Gold Sterling Silver Double Band Ring Estate Fine JewelryLocated in Montreal, QCBeautiful and Stylish Hand crafted Double Band Ring by Designer Dian Malouf in finely detailed 925 Sterling Silver topped with thin 14 Karat Gold bands. Ring sizes 6.75. Chic and Cla...Category
20th Century American Modernist Band RingsMaterials
Gold, Sterling Silver
- Dian Malouf Designer Amethyst Sterling Gold Band Ring Estate Fine JewelryLocated in Montreal, QCBeautiful and Stylish Hand crafted Ring by Designer Dian Malouf in finely detailed 925 Sterling Silver and 14 Karat Gold; top of ring securely hand set with an Amethyst gemstone. Rin...Category
20th Century American Modernist Band RingsMaterials
Amethyst, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver
- Le Vian Chocolatier Diamond Rose Gold Twist Cocktail RingBy Le VianLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful Le Vian Cocktail Twist Band Ring, center Hand set with 41 round Brilliant White Diamonds approx. 0.45tcw and 24 round Chocolate Brown Diamonds approx. 0.48tcw. Hand ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Brown Diamond, Rose Gold$1,950Free Shipping
- One-of-A-Kind Walter Schluep Coca-Cola Sterling Silver Statement RingBy Walter SchluepLocated in Montreal, QCAmazing Walter Schluep Coca-Cola Sterling Silver Ring; Rare and Collectible, the Real Thing! Beautiful Red Epoxy Enamel top housed in sterling silver with a stainless steel screw eac...Category
2010s Canadian Contemporary More RingsMaterials
Sterling SilverSold$3,040Free Shipping
- Iconic Karl Lagerfeld French Chair BroochBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in New York, NYIconic and charming Karl Lagerfeld French Chair Brooch from his "Furniture" Series of 18th Century designs. This brooch depicts a lyre back chair with the "KL" fan logo and deep garn...Category
Gilt Metal$875Free Shipping
- Chanel Iconic Bronze and Pearl NecklaceBy ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYMassive bib with multiple strands of hand made faux baroque pearls of varying sizes mixed with graduated gilt bronze cupid plaques and chains. Based on a famous Chanel necklace c...Category
Vintage 1970s French Multi-Strand Necklaces$12,500Free Shipping
- Iconic David Webb Diamond Enamel Gold RingBy David WebbLocated in Lambertville, NJ18k yellow gold ring by David Webb, decorated with black enamel and diamonds. Ring size 6, ring top is 18mm x 24mm, ring sits approx. 17mm from the finger. Marked 18k,Webb. weight 23.3gCategory
20th Century American More RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$13,500Free Shipping
- Iconic Cartier Sapphire and Diamond Vintage Brooch Pin Estate Fine JewelryBy CartierLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful! Stylish and finely detailed Mid Century Modern CARTIER Blue and Yellow Sapphires and Diamond Floral Brooch Pin. Securely nestled, Hand set Center Yellow Sapphire 9....Category
Mid-20th Century French Modernist BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Platinum$82,000Free Shipping
- Ancient Greek 5th Century BC Athena Owl Coin Diamonds 18K Gold PendantBy Steven BattelleLocated in Soquel, CAAn iconic ancient Greek Athenian owl coin from 475-425 BC is held in a handmade 18K gold bezel surrounded by a "wire and jawan" rim with four 2.2 mm VS1 diamond accents in this signa...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Balinese Classical Greek Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$6,875Free Shipping
- Cartier Tutti Frutti Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond Ring, 18KBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA Cartier Tutti Frutti Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond Ring made in 18 Karat Yellow Gold. The ring size is US 8. The total weight of the ring is 6.49 grams.Category
20th Century Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, 18k Gold$32,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond Star Design Band, 18kBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA French Cartier Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond Star Design Band made in 18k Yellow Gold. The total weight of the ring is 16 grams. The ring size is US 5.Category
20th Century Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold$22,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Trinity Ring Classic Tri-Color 18k GoldBy CartierLocated in MIAMI, FLBeautiful ring from famed designer Cartier. The ring is from the Trinity collection and is the classic or medium size. The ring is a size 51 or US size 5.75. The ring consists of th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold$1,250Free Shipping
- Vintage Platinum Diamond Baguette Round Wedding Band by CartierBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA vintage platinum diamond wedding band set with baguette and round brilliant diamonds by Cartier circa 1960. This band is set with 29 stones, alternating baguette and round diamonds...Category
20th Century American Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$6,000 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Diamond Trinity RingBy CartierLocated in New York, NYRare example of the trinity collection with two interlocking rings. Made, signed & numbered by Cartier. 18k yellow gold, fully set with round brilliant diamonds, approximately 1.50 c...Category
Vintage 1980s French Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$9,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Trinity Wedding/Engagement Ring in 18 ct White, Yellow & Rose GoldBy CartierLocated in London, GBCartier trinity ring, medium size. Resembling infinite unbreakable bonds, this ring glistens out a strong beautiful personality in 18 ct gold, in three different colours white, yello...Category
2010s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold$1,325Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery