- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier 'Étincelle de Cartier' Rose Gold and Diamond Ring
- Stone Cut
- Weight1.2 g
- DimensionsWidth: 0.06 in. (1.52 mm)
- Date of Manufacture2010s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: AM0121833AA1stDibs: LU1740111176282
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days, excluding production time. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Cartier (Designer)
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle reportedly inspired by medieval chastity belts.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces. It’s certainly one of the most well known and internationally beloved jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
On 1stDibs, find a growing collection of contemporary and vintage Cartier watches, rings, necklaces and other accessories.
- By CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier 'Étincelle de Cartier' wedding band crafted in 18 karat rose gold, set with round brilliant cu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose GoldW 0.06 in.$2,250Free Shipping
- By CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier ring crafted in 18 karat rose gold centers on a single round brilliant cut diamond weighing an...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$1,000Free Shipping
- By CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier Etincelle earrings are delicate and elegantly pave set with approx. 0.72 carats of high qualit...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$8,600Free Shipping
- By CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier 'Love' ring crafted in 18 karat rose gold and set with one round pink sapphire weighing an est...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More RingsMaterials
Pink Sapphire, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$3,200Free Shipping
- By CartierLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Cartier 'Trinity' ring comprised of three interlocking mobile bands of 18 karat yellow, rose, and whit...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern More RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$32,000Free Shipping
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Fashion Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Band Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold
Early 2000s Engagement Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
2010s Modern Engagement Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
20th Century Cocktail Rings
Emerald, Diamond, White Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Band Rings
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Fashion Rings
White Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery