Items Similar to Cartier Paris Rare Art Deco Jade Pocket Watch Pendant by Edmond Jaeger View More
Cartier Paris Rare Art Deco Jade Pocket Watch Pendant by Edmond Jaeger
Rare fanciful Cartier jade watch pendant with 18k gold star bursts. 24 diamonds grace the perimeter of the bezel. The pendant measures 43mm (1-7/10 inches) tall and 34mm (1-1/3 inches) wide. It weighs 20.5 gram. EJ stamping indicates maker was Edmond Jaeger (1858-1922, see below). No. TMWJ-1086 __ Edmond Jaeger was born in 1858 in Alsace, but left the region during the Franco-Prussian war for Paris. In 1880, he set up his watchmaking workshop and soon became watchmaker to the French navy, for which he would deliver the first ships' chronometers in 1890. In 1903, he challenged Jacques-David LeCoultre to manufacture ultra-thin calibers of his design. Out of their relationship emerged a collection of ultra-thin pocket watches, followed by others that eventually, in 1937, officially culminated in the Jaeger-LeCoultre brand. In 1907, French jeweler Cartier, a client of Jaeger's, signed a contract with the Parisian watchmaker under which all Jaeger's movement designs for a period of 15 years would be exclusive to Cartier.
- In the Style Of
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1918
- DimensionsH 1.7 in. x W 1.34 in.H 43 mm x W 34 mm
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Seller Reference NumberTMWJ-1086
- Reference NumberJU11051619358
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$60Expressto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-3 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2011
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in New York, NY
More From This Seller
French Art Deco Diamond Bracelet 14.50 Carats
Early 20th Century Art Deco Link Bracelets
Art Deco Dangle Diamond Ear Clips, 8.00 Carat
Vintage 1920s Art Deco Dangle Earrings
You May Also Like
Cartier Art Deco Onyx Pocket Watch
Early 20th Century Art Deco Pocket Watches
Vintage Rare Jaeger Le Coultre Military Pocket ...
Mid-20th Century Pocket Watches
Cartier Yellow Gold Mechanical Pocket Watch
Vintage 1970s Pocket Watches
Cartier Platinum Seed Pearl Enamel Pocket Watch...
Vintage 1920s Art Deco Pendant Necklaces
Cartier 18 Karat Yellow Gold Twenty Dollar Coin...
21st Century and Contemporary Pocket Watches