Cartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Watch
View Similar Items
Cartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Watch
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Cartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Diamond WatchBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Watch - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case with factory diamond bezel (21mm x 30mm). Creme colored dial with raised gold Roman numeral at noo...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$19,080Free Shipping
- Cartier 18K Yellow Gold Panther Ladies Watch W25022B9By CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier 18K Yellow Gold Panther Ladies Watch W25022B9 - Quartz. 18K Yellow Gold with diamond case and lugs (30 x 21 mm). Ivory dial with black Rom...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$15,050Free Shipping
- Cartier Panther Ladies 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamond WatchBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Watch - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case with factory diamond bezel and lugs with black enamel (21mm x 30mm). Creme colored dial with diamonds and raised Roman numerals. 18k yellow gold Panther bracelet...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$20,350Free Shipping
- Ladies Piaget Tanagra 18K Yellow Gold WatchBy PiagetLocated in Dallas, TXLadies Piaget Tanagra 18K Yellow Gold Watch - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case with Piaget Diamond bezel ( 21mm ). Black Onyx outside outer dial with pav...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$9,350Free Shipping
- Ladies Piaget Polo 18K Yellow Gold WatchBy PiagetLocated in Dallas, TXLadies Piaget Polo 18K Yellow Gold Watch - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case with Piaget Diamond bezel ( 19mm ). Black Onyx dial with diamond hour ma...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$6,600 Sale Price21% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Rose Gold Small Panther with Diamonds Ladies WatchBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Rose Gold Small Panther With Diamonds Ladies Watch - Quartz. 18K Rose Gold with brilliant cut diamond bezel ( 22 x 30 mm ) . Silver dial with black roman numerals . 18K Ros...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches$19,080Free Shipping
- Cartier Panthere 18k Yellow Gold Classic Ladies WatchBy CartierLocated in London, GBHonestcollection4U offers this Cartier Panthere 18K Gold Small Ladies Watch. Quartz movement. 18k yellow gold case 22.0 x 22.0 mm (30.0 incl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$12,524Free Shipping
- Cartier 18K Yellow Gold Tank Divan 2603 Ladies WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier 18K Yellow Gold Divan 38mm Watch. Bezel Color Yellow Gold Bezel Type Fixed Brand Cartier Case Color Yellow Case Material Yellow Gold Case Size 38mm Caseback Solid Co...Category
20th Century French Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$8,320 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Roadster Ladies 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Watch WE500160By CartierLocated in Atlanta, GACartier Roadster Ladies 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Watch WE500160. Quartz Movement. 18K yellow gold tonneau shaped case 31 x 37 mm. 18k yellow gol...Category
Early 2000s Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$13,591Free Shipping
- Cartier Roadster Ladies 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Watch WE500160By CartierLocated in Atlanta, GACartier Roadster Ladies 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Watch WE500160. Quartz movement. 18K yellow gold tonneau shaped case 31 x 37 mm. 18k yellow gold diamond bezel. 18K yellow gold diamon...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$12,537Free Shipping
- Cartier Santos Stainless Steel & 18K Yellow Gold Quartz Ladies Dress WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier Santos Stainless Steel & 18K Yellow Gold Quartz Ladies Dress Watch W20012C4 This watch is in like new condition. It has been customized recently, professionally polished and...Category
2010s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, Stainless Steel$11,700 / itemFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
This iconic jewel has captured countless hearts with its elegant design and its amatory symbolism. Counterfeiters have taken note of the demand and created fake versions. If you’re looking for a genuine Cartier Love bracelet, it’s crucial to check all the elements for authenticity. Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of a knockoff.
The 14 Most Iconic Watches for Women
Style, craft and heritage combine to make these designs undeniable classics.