Cartier Vivid Yellow, White Diamond Panther Watch
About the Item
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Palm Beach, FL
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Cartier Diamond Panther Cuff Bangle WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYFeaturing Cartier’s iconic feline, rich in history and elegance, the Cartier Panther, this piece is comprised of a coiled panther head bangle, made of 18k yellow gold set with radian...Category
1990s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold
- Cartier Paris Yellow Cognac White Diamond Panther BroochBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier Paris Yellow Cognac White Diamond Panther Brooch Cartier describes the Panther as 'The Panther is Cartier’s iconic animal: a wild, untamable anim...Category
2010s French Modern BroochesMaterials
White Diamond, 18k Gold
- Cartier Fancy Yellow Diamond Gold Tiger Bangle BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYAn extraordinary piece embodying one of Cartier’s most striking creatures, the tiger, designed as a hinged bangle, pave-set with a myriad of round-cut fancy yellow diamonds of except...Category
Vintage 1980s French BanglesMaterials
Yellow Diamond, Emerald, Onyx, 18k Gold
- Cartier Diamond Link Gold WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCrafted as a five-row diamond link bracelet, comprising a Cartier wrist ladies wristwatch made of 18k white gold, thoroughly embellished with round cut brilliant diamonds. A divine jewelry...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Cartier Paris Diamond Gold Bangle WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA remarkable wristwatch by Cartier that dates back to the 1980s, shaped as a coiled bangle thoroughly embellished with brilliant pave set diamonds crafted ...Category
Vintage 1980s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Cartier Diamond Panther Link BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier Diamond Panther Link Bracelet An 18k white gold bracelet, set with diamonds. dimensions approximately 7.5 by 0.75" Signed "Cartier"Category
Vintage 1980s American More BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Omega Ladies Yellow Gold Diamond Bangle WatchLocated in Palm Desert, CALadies Italian 14 Karat Diamond Bangle Watch. The case is 18 Karat and the bangle bracelet 14 Karat. This gorgeous timepiece features thirty prong-set round diamonds on the bezel and...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Retro Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- Diamond and Yellow Sapphire Panther BangleBy Artisan NYCLocated in New York, NYLovely antique looking Diamond and Yellow Sapphire Panther Bangle in 14K gold and silver. This bangle is oval in size, opens on side and locks very fi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Indian Art Nouveau BanglesMaterials
Black Diamond, Yellow Sapphire, Diamond, 14k Gold, SilverNo Reserve
- Omega De Ville Ladies Wrist Watch, 18 Karat Yellow Gold and 48 DiamondsBy OmegaLocated in Berlin, DEExclusive women's watch by Omega. 18k yellow gold and diamonds. Beautiful Omega De Ville ladies' watch, 18k yellow gold case and strap. Bracelet...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 1970s Wide Omega Diamond Teak Wood Dial 18 Karat Yellow Gold Bangle Cuff WatchBy OmegaLocated in New york, NYAn Extremely Unique High Fashion Haute Couture Omega 18kt Yellow Gold Extra Wide Cuff Diamond Set Teak Wood Bangle Bracelet Watch Basic Dimensions & Specifications -Dial Dimensi...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Retro Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 18 K Yellow Gold Twin Panther Bangle Diamonds Emeralds RubyLocated in Zurich, ZollstrasseCaptivating double Panther Head Bangle Bracelet finely crafted in 18 K yellowm Gold. Set with round brilliant cut Diamonds weighing approximately 1.20 ct, small Emeralds and Rubies. ...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Snake Bracelet Covered Dial WatchLocated in Firenze, ITMysterious watch in yellow gold, featuring a snake, the body formed by a double rush chiselled with scales closing with a ratchet. The snake's head reveals a watch with a mechanical...Category
Vintage 1910s French Art Nouveau BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Opal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Lotus Between the Finger Ring set in 18k White GoldBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in Miami, FLRETAIL PRICE: $35,100.00 BRILLIANCE PRICE: $29,800.00 A symbol of beauty, purity and fulfillment, the lotus flower has inspired Van Cleef & Arpels to create dazzling and harmonious jewelry creations. Different types of diamond setting showcase the Maison's High Jewelry expertise. Designer: Van Cleef & Arpels Collection: Flora Style: Lotus Between The Finger Ring...Category
2010s French Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Scalloped Walnut Bar CartLocated in Los Angeles, CABeautiful walnut wood bar cart newly made in Los Angeles. Rectangular cart with two tiers and carved wavy scalloped detail on shelf edges. Curved wood handles and 3 bottle compartmen...Category
2010s American Carts and Bar CartsMaterials
- A large silk square/head scarf, 'The Swarm Of Cherubs', Vivienne Westwood, 1980sBy Vivienne WestwoodLocated in Greyabbey, County DownFor this scarf design, Vivienne Westwood borrowed a detail from J.H. Fragonard's painting a 'Swarm of Cherubs' to create an ornate and Baroque head scarf. Designed in 1991, it is mad...Category
1990s British Scarves
- Le Bambole Leather Sofa Design Mario Bellini 1978 for B&B ItaliaBy Mario Bellini, B&B ItaliaLocated in Offenburg, Baden Wurthembergcognac leather Le Bambole-seater Sofa designed by Mario Bellini for B&B Italia in 1978. Price per sofa, second matching sofa available. The Bambole series today is a true icon amo...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Post-Modern SofasMaterials
- 18K Solid Gold Orchid Sculpture Artist Ring YBA Marc Quinn Artwork Wearable ArtBy Marc QuinnLocated in Surfside, FLMarc Quinn 18k Large Gold Orchid Ring Measurements: Ring size 7, ring top is 38mm x 37mm Hallmarked: MQ PE 750 Weight: 26 grams Quinn has used orchids repeatedly and thematically in his sculptures and these unique pieces are inspired by the artist's ongoing 'Flower sculptures' series. Like their inspiration, these works are described by Quinn as the most magical transformation of reality into art - rendered intimately for personal wear. Artist Marc Quinn known for his voluptuous hyper-real, super-bright flower and that famous golden statue of Kate Moss doing yoga has made a very limited edition of these yellow gold rings. He has made white bronze sculptures as well as white gold jewelry for Selfridges in London. Quinn has used orchids repeatedly as a motif in his work. Major artists such as Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder, Salvador Dalí, Lucio Fontana and Roy Lichtenstein and Claude and Xavier Lalanne have sall made artists Art Jewelry. These unique pieces are inspired by the artist's ongoing 'Flower sculptures' series. These have been included in the Dine Venet collection as well as in the Louisa Guinness gallery collection. (She has commissioned works by Anish Kapoor, Claude Lalanne, Marc Quinn and Ron Arad). Quinn first came to public attention in the early 1990s through his affiliation with the Young British Artists (YBAs). Among his earliest and best-known works is Self (1991), a cast of his head made from ten pints of Quinn’s frozen blood, an amount equal to the volume in his body. In a 2013 interview, the artist said that the YBA movement had been about “bringing real life into art.” In both Self and Spiral of the Galaxy, Quinn’s urge is holistic and metaphysical, a desire to translate the substance of life into image. Young British Artists, or YBAs—also referred to as Brit artists and Britart—is a loose group of visual artists who first began to exhibit together in London in 1988. Many of the YBA artists graduated from the BA Fine Art course at Goldsmiths, in the late 1980s, whereas some from the group had trained at Royal College of Art. Leading artists of the group include Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin. The core of the YBA group graduated from the Goldsmiths BA Fine Art degree course in the classes of 1987–90. Liam Gillick, Fiona Rae, Steve Park and Sarah Lucas, were graduates in the class of 1987. Ian Davenport, Michael Landy, Gary Hume, Anya Gallaccio, Lala Meredith-Vula, Henry Bond, Angela Bulloch, were graduates in the class of 1988; Damien Hirst, Angus Fairhurst, Mat Collishaw, Simon Patterson, and Abigail Lane, were graduates from the class of 1989; whilst Gillian Wearing, and Sam Taylor-Wood, were graduates from the class of 1990, and Jason Martin was graduated with the class of 1993. During the years 1987–1990, the teaching staff on the Goldsmiths BA Fine Art included Jon Thompson, Richard Wentworth, Michael Craig-Martin, Ian Jeffrey, Helen Chadwick, Mark Wallinger, Judith Cowan and Glen Baxter...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
This iconic jewel has captured countless hearts with its elegant design and its amatory symbolism. Counterfeiters have taken note of the demand and created fake versions. If you’re looking for a genuine Cartier Love bracelet, it’s crucial to check all the elements for authenticity. Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of a knockoff.
The 14 Most Iconic Watches for Women
Style, craft and heritage combine to make these designs undeniable classics.