Large French Biot olive oil jars. Biot is a style of pottery which dates back to the 16th century. These handmade terracotta pots originated in the Provençal town of Biot and were used to store olive oil produced in that region. The glaze around the rim was used to prevent vermin from climbing into the oil inside. These three are exquisite examples and would make a beautiful statement in the garden, a foyer or even as a water feature. Priced separately.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1800
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. There are 3 Pots: left to right measurements: left: 26in (H) x 21in (D) - AVAILABLE middle: 28in (H) x 22in (D) - SOLD right: 27in (H) x 20in (D) - AVAILABLE.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 28 in.
H 71.12 cm
- Diameter22 in. (55.88 cm)
- Seller locationNashville, TN
- Seller reference number72016021
- Reference numberLU93486595663
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 7 hrs
Located in Nashville, TN
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like