- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Early Production Leather 'LC3' Two-Seat Sofa by Le Corbusier for Cassina, Signed
- DimensionsHeight: 25 in (63.5 cm)Width: 66.5 in (168.91 cm)Depth: 29 in (73.66 cm)Seat Height: 16 in (40.64 cm)
- StyleBauhaus (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1980s
- ConditionVery good overall condition, sturdy and structurally sound. Leather has light attractive patina. Chrome frame is in excellent condition. Ready to be used immediately.
- Seller LocationLos Angeles, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1330226670822
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Culver City, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Designer
If his famed cousin and longtime colleague Charles-Édouard Jeanneret — better known as Le Corbusier — was the visionary, then Pierre Jeanneret was the member of the architecture and design team who got things done. In recent years, Jeanneret has emerged from Le Corbusier’s shadow, as collectors have discovered his simple and striking furniture creations.
Jeanneret studied at the École des Beaux-Arts in Geneva and after he graduated in 1921 he became a partner in Le Corbusier’s office in Paris. The pair collaborated on numerous residential projects, most notably the Villa Savoye, the iconic modernist house in suburban Paris completed in 1931. Jeanneret also worked with the great Charlotte Perriand on the Grand Modele line of tubular metal furnishings that was a sensation at the annual Salon d’Automne design expo in 1929. A rift developed between Jeanneret and his cousin during World War II, as the former joined the French resistance, while Le Corbusier cooperated with the occupying authorities in Vichy. The two did not work together again until 1950, when Le Corbusier persuaded Jeanneret to help execute the master plan for the new city of Chandigarh in Punjab, India. Jeanneret lived and worked there until the final years of his life.
A hallmark of Jeanneret’s furniture designs is his great sensitivity to materials. In contrast to the tubular-steel chairs produced by Marcel Breuer and other members of the Bauhaus, the chromed metal pieces designed by Jeanneret and Perriand — including such as the now-classic LC4 chaise longue and the Grand Confort lounge chair — have a sensuous, relaxed and welcoming look. Conversely, while Jeanneret uses essentially geometric forms for his wooden seating pieces, they exude warmth by nature of the material.
One of Jeanneret’s first manufactured designs in wood is the Model 92 Scissors chair, licensed by Hans and Florence Knoll when they were touring postwar France. But Jeanneret’s finest work in furniture was done in Chandigarh, and these are the pieces that have earned him recent renown. Crafted of teak, the designs range from low-slung lounge chairs and armchairs with cane seats to desks and tables, most with Jeanneret’s signature drafting compass-shaped legs. Many such pieces on the market today are refurbished, having been found by dealers languishing in scrapyards in India in the late 1990s. Chandigarh is now taking better care of its modernist heritage, making available Jeanneret works all the rarer.
Automaton is the premier source for early-production originals of hard-to-find 20th-century designs and functional art, serving a range of clients, from celebrities and interior designers to aficionados with modest budgets. Its 20,000-square-foot Los Angeles space is packed with rare examples of designs from a large repertoire of such designers as Philip and Kelvin LaVerne, Vladimir Kagan, Eero Saarinen, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Jorge Zalszupin, Sergio Rodrigues and Giuseppe Scapinelli.
- Early Year LC2 Black Leather Three-Seat Sofa by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Charlotte Perriand, Cassina, Le Corbusier, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis incredibly comfortable Le Corbusier for Cassina 'LC2' three-seat sofa (authentic signed and earlier year production example with low number production number stamped on the fram...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Bauhaus SofasMaterials
Steel$12,000 Sale Price22% Off
- Early Year LC2 Cream Leather Three-Seat Sofa by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Charlotte Perriand, Cassina, Le Corbusier, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis incredibly comfortable Le Corbusier for Cassina 'LC2' three-seat sofa (authentic signed and earlier year production example with earlier embossed signature style and early AI di...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Bauhaus SofasMaterials
Steel$10,600 Sale Price21% Off
- Early Production Collectors LC3 Club Chairs by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Pierre Jeanneret, Cassina, Charlotte Perriand, Le CorbusierLocated in Los Angeles, CAAn incredible early year, low production number set of LC3 club chairs, with provenance, in original black leather, by Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret and Charlotte Perriand for Cassi...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Bauhaus Club ChairsMaterials
Chrome$12,700 Sale Price / set20% Off
- Early 'LC3' Club Chairs in Cognac Leather by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Pierre Jeanneret, Cassina, Charlotte Perriand, Le CorbusierLocated in Los Angeles, CAAn incredible earlier year set of LC3 club chairs in original cognac brown leather and chrome frames, by Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret and Charlotte Perriand for Cassina, circa 1980...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Bauhaus Club ChairsMaterials
- Early Year 'LC2' Black Leather Club Chairs by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Charlotte Perriand, Cassina, Le Corbusier, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis incredibly comfortable pair of Le Corbusier for Cassina 'LC2' club chairs (authentic signed and earlier year production examples) in gorgeous thick Italian black leather are in ...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Bauhaus Club ChairsMaterials
Chrome$10,200 Sale Price / set22% Off
- 'LC2' Leather Club Chairs by Le Corbusier for Alivar, c 1980s, SignedBy Alivar, Charlotte Perriand, Le Corbusier, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis comfortable set of Le Corbusier for Alivar 'LC2' Club Chairs in gorgeous thick Italian brown leather, signed with Alivar repeat fabric underneath the cushions. Priced per pair i...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Bauhaus Club ChairsMaterials
Chrome$4,700 Sale Price / set21% Off
- Le Corbusier, Jeanneret en Perriand LC3 Sofa in Brown Leather for CassinaBy Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand, Cassina, Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand Cassina, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Tilburg, NLLe Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret en Charlotte Perriand LC3 Sofa in Brown Leather for Cassina. Italy, 2009. This stylish and comfortable sofa is a real design classic. Designed in 1928...Category
Early 2000s Italian Bauhaus SofasMaterials
- Pair of Early Production 'LC3' Lounge Chairs by Le Corbusier for Cassina, SignedBy Cassina, Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand, Atelier International, Pierre JeanneretLocated in Miami, FLDesigned by Charlotte Perriand, Pierre Jeanneret and Le Corbusier Grand Modèle LC3 pair of club chairs by Cassina Original design France 1928 / Italy c. 1970s black and gray leath...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Bauhaus Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Pair of Le Corbusier LC2 3-Seater Sofa by Cassina in Natural LeatherBy Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand, Le CorbusierLocated in Dronten, NLThe 'LC2 - Petite Modèle' is the pinnacle in living grand; grand in style and grand in comfort. Le Corbusier LC2 sofa's in the original butter soft natural leather are impossible t...Category
Mid-20th Century Swiss Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Sofa by Le Corbusier, Jeanneret and Perriand for CassinaBy Cassina, Charlotte Perriand, Le CorbusierLocated in Milan, ITSofa by Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand for Cassina.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian SetteesMaterials
- LC2 Two-Seat Sofas by Le Corbusier Edited by CassinaBy Cassina, Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand CassinaLocated in Saint-Ouen, IDFPair of sofas made of polished chrome-plated steel frame and leather cushion. Designed by Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret and Charlotte Perriand, and edited by Cassina in 1978. ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
Steel$8,640 / item
- Le Corbusier LC3 Leather and Chrome SofaBy Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand CassinaLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLAuthentic LC2 sofa in chrome and black leather designed by Le Corbusier and Charlotte Perriand and produced by Cassina. Black leather. Stamped. Some Patina on leather.Category
Vintage 1980s Bauhaus SofasMaterials
- Hermès Malachite & Palladium Kelly BagBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermès Kelly bag in Malachite Togo leather and palladium hardware. 40cm. Partial plastic on plates. Detachable strap in two-tone Malachite and turquoise included. Handle drop, 4." D...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Cartier Paris Diamond Gold Bangle WatchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA remarkable wristwatch by Cartier that dates back to the 1980s, shaped as a coiled bangle thoroughly embellished with brilliant pave set diamonds crafted in 18k yellow gold, featuri...Category
Vintage 1980s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- 1960s Jacques Biny 'Expolita 175' Sconces for Lita, FranceBy Lita, Jacques BinyLocated in Glendale, CA1960s Jacques Biny 'Expolita 175' Sconces for Lita, France. These extremely rare sconces are executed in black painted metal, circa 1960s, France. Adjustable metal shade allows for m...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Friso Kramer 'Revolt' Chair in Pink VelvetBy Ahrend de Cirkel, Friso KramerLocated in Los Angeles, CANewly Upholstered Pink Velvet Friso Kramer 'Revolt' Chair with Black Enameled Metal Frame. Classic Design with Youthful Pop! Frame in Original Condition with Wear Consistent with its...Category
Vintage 1960s Dutch Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Hermes Birkin HSS 35 Bag Poussiere Dewdrop Roses One of a Kind Porosus CrocodileBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an extraordinary one of a kind Hermes Birkin 35 HSS bag featured in unicorn Poussiere. Exquisite neutral Poussiere porosus crocodile appliqued with the Dewdrop vel...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tote Bags
Recently ViewedView More
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
Vincent Van Duysen Imbues Minimalism with Warmth
The Antwerp-based designer lends his unique touch to homes, boutiques and offices in Belgium, the United States and Germany, as well as furniture for B&B Italia and Molteni.