- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Love Bracelet 18 Karat Yellow Gold Box and Papers
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days, excluding production time. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Baltimore, MD
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Cartier (Designer)
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle reportedly inspired by medieval chastity belts.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces. It’s certainly one of the most well known and internationally beloved jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
On 1stDibs, find a growing collection of contemporary and vintage Cartier watches, rings, necklaces and other accessories.
- By Roberto CoinLocated in Baltimore, MDRoberto Coin Ipanema 18K Yellow Gold Multi-Colored Gemstone Bracelet Metal: 18k yellow gold Weight: 16.43 grams...Category
2010s Modern Modern BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldL 7.75 in.$2,250Free Shipping
- By CartierLocated in Baltimore, MDCartier Love wedding band, 18K rose gold, set with 1 brilliant-cut diamonds totaling 0.02 carats, 4mm, size 57 ...Category
2010s Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose GoldW 0.16 in.$1,750Free Shipping
- Located in Baltimore, MDRuby Diamond 18k White Gold Bracelet Round Brilliant Cut Cluster Bracelet Metal: 18k White Gold 750 Weight: 36 ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, White GoldL 7 in.$3,995Free Shipping
- Located in Baltimore, MD18K White Gold Flexible Diamond Mesh Bracelet Metal: 18k white gold Weight: 38.67 grams Diamonds: Approx. 1.3...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White GoldW 1.25 in. L 6.25 in.$2,995Free Shipping
- Located in Baltimore, MDVintage 14K Yellow Gold Diamond, Opal & Tanzanite Hinged Bangle Bracelet Metal: 14k yellow gold, marked 14k Wei...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Opal, Tanzanite, 14k Gold, Yellow GoldDm 2.6 in.$1,995Free Shipping
- By Judith RipkaLocated in Baltimore, MDJudith Ripka 18K Diamond & Citrine Bangle Bracelet Metal: 18k yellow gold Weight: 32 grams Diamonds: Approx. ....Category
2010s Modern BanglesMaterials
Citrine, Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldDm 2.36 in.$2,995Free Shipping
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Bangles
18k Gold, White Gold
Early 2000s Bangles
18k Gold, Rose Gold
2010s Modern Bangles
Diamond, Yellow Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Bangles
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
Diamond, White Diamond, White Gold
20th Century Modern Bangles
Diamond, Onyx, 18k Gold, Enamel
2010s Modern Bangles
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery