An incredible example of Thierry Mugler’s sculptural designs, this black velvet gown sits off the shoulder with a silver lurex trim over the bust. The corseted bust adds support, while the velvet fabric skims the body seductively, falling into a train at the back. A perfect choice for a red carpet event, this gown screams glamour! Thierry Mugler first started designing clothes in London in the late 1960s before returning to Paris. His designs became the benchmark for the new ‘Power Dressing’ of the late 1980s and 1990s and his focus on darted waists, pronounced shoulder lines and a heavily sculptural feel became the expression of the decade.
- BrandThierry Mugler
- In the Style OfCirca 1987
- Place of originFrance
- Material notes
- ConditionExcellent. The dress has no marks, tears nor any alterations and bears the original label, silk lining and zip to the rear.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
D 61.42 in.
D 156 cm
- Bust36.23 in. (92 cm)
- Waist24.81 in. (63 cm)
- Hip34.65 in. (88 cm)
- Length61.42 in. (156 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem52.76 in. (134 cm)
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference number100321
- Reference numberLU724227746
Shipping, Returns & Payment
Global Shipping AvailableView all shipping quotes
- Return Policy
Returns can be initiated within 14 days of delivery by contacting 1stdibs.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2014
Typical response time: 19 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like